• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Ya know... I am a peaceful, go along-get along type of guy. But occasionally I read things that cause me to want to have a face-to-face chat with the writer. Kind of give him a "come to Jesus" moment in his life.

I am not sure he would appreciate it, though.

PERRY: We can only save ourselves from kidnappers at the NRA – Aurora Sentinel

BTW... I wonder if the newspaper advertisers who own guns and/or support the NRA are going to man up here.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    What makes me upset about the uninformed media, (and people), is when they talk about the NRA as sort of company, or corporation. The NRA is nothing more than a club, or organization with volunteer members who want to promote and protect our firearm rights given to us in our constitution. The NRA is made of millions of people who live in your neighborhood, kids play with your kids, volunteer at your church or school, and many who work side by side with you. So in other words the NRA is ME, and millions of other people. So when they bad mouth the NRA they are bad mouthing me. That upsets me.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Mr Perry is blaming the NRA for the defeat of the recent bills on gun control. However, he does not realize how many gun owners influenced the Senators in DC with a letter writing campaign and thousands of telephone calls. Yes, the NRA helped with their lobbying and some financial(?) assistance, but I believe we gun owners played a very big part.

biggen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    What fools like him always fail to remember is, that his freedom to make those statements were bought and are defended by a bunch of us NRA kidnappers.

As soon as the rights that are provided by the 2nd Amendment are lost, they will strip morons like him of the right to say things like that.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    From the article:

"I have seen the light. After all these years, I now agree that it’s fruitless to give the benefit of the doubt to people who are so obviously corrupt, so clearly malevolent, so bent on hurting innocent people for their own sick gain. No more due process in the clear-cut case of insidious terrorism. When the facts are so clearly before all Americans, for the whole world to see,"

I swear right up to this point I thought he was talking about Liberal Democrats.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    The comment posted right below the article is priceless.

"Mr. Perry,

As a NRA Training Counselor and Life Member my only response is this: Feel free to round me up and send me to Guantanamo, if you dare. Just be willing to do the dirty work yourself, and face the consequences, instead of sending an agent of the state to do the work in your place.

Rob Reed"

ZombiePanda

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    He says 90 percent of Americans want expanded gun control...Uhhhh I'd like to see his source

I've heard that number quoted a lot recently. Usually as sound bites of an anti-gun lobbyist railing against the pro-2nd folks (John Stewart used it a couple days ago on the Daily Show). The interesting thing is that they usually just say '90% of Americans are in favor of background checks'. Not "enhanced" or "universal", just plain old background checks.

I'm thinking that their pollsters are asking people 'do you think background checks should be required to buy a gun?' and most folks are answering 'yes' not realizing that background checks are already a part of buying a gun, giving the anti-gun lobby a good sound bite regardless of its accuracy. It's just more smoke and mirror political shenanigans.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    What makes me upset about the uninformed media, (and people), is when they talk about the NRA as sort of company, or corporation. The NRA is nothing more than a club, or organization with volunteer members who want to promote and protect our firearm rights given to us in our constitution. The NRA is made of millions of people who live in your neighborhood, kids play with your kids, volunteer at your church or school, and many who work side by side with you. So in other words the NRA is ME, and millions of other people. So when they bad mouth the NRA they are bad mouthing me. That upsets me.

This. The NRA is not a corporate lobby. It is funded and backed by citizens of the United States of America. :patriot:

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    We all suspected that these leftists were filled with evil and hate. It was nice of him to come right out and prove us right.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    This was picked up and featured on the Drudge Report with its millions of readers. I think the editor will regret ever writing and posting it.

ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    I like how all of you fail to mention that he isn't even good at his own job. Did you notice he started an entire paragraph with the word and? I'm pretty positive we learn in Jr. High-School that it is not acceptable to start a sentence with and. Unless the word and is the subject of the sentence of course.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    This was picked up and featured on the Drudge Report with its millions of readers. I think the editor will regret ever writing and posting it.
    I doubt it.....
    He's one of those zealots who won't be satisfied until he and his kind start a shooting war.
    Bill Ayers is another of those loons.
    He's still trying to justify the murders that he and his left wing crack pots committed.
    The only thing that will silence someone that much out of touch with reality is a dirt nap. :cool:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Substitute "Liberals" for NRA, "Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi" for Wayne LaPierre, and "Obamacare" for "gun safety package", and you could use this editorial in a much different way... ;)

When are they going to realize that there is no 90% of Americans that agree with them? When are they going to realize that statistics like that are pulled from a very dark and smelly place and spoon fed to the public by a willing media? The system worked. They didn't get their way. They're like angry little children throwing a temper tantrum now.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    I doubt it.....
    He's one of those zealots who won't be satisfied until he and his kind start a shooting war.
    Bill Ayers is another of those loons.
    He's still trying to justify the murders that he and his left wing crack pots committed.
    The only thing that will silence someone that much out of touch with reality is a dirt nap. :cool:

More than one looney leftist has lost their job when the heat got too high for their parent company, especially in the media... and especially when the company starts in losing money from advertisers bailing out.

We'll see.

Top Bottom