• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    They are all out there. Perfect examples of the lack of knowledge about firearms. The newest one that caught my eye is from my favorite band. Love their music and shows, but their latest cover shows their lack of firearm knowledge. Post up your favorites and lets see the hilarity roll. Sorry if this is a dupe. Perhaps we should sticky a room for only gaffs like these.

gogobordello450.jpg

I'd like to think that they knew that the "bullet" was incorrect, but for the uninformed they would not know it was a bullet without the casing. On the flip side they are rather international...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The lack of knowledge in society today is amazing considering we can just pick up a phone and go anywhere in the world and learn anything we wish.
    The currant holder of the big boy chair in the white house is a great example of the intelligence level of the average person.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    TV shows are legendary and this thread could go on and on and on...

I have recently gotten hooked on the TV show NCIS and have been watching a lot of old episodes lately. I have noticed 3 gaffes concerning guns that are fairly technical, but ones you would think that their researchers would have gotten correct. I suppose they were in a hurry and just got sloppy. In any case, it is funny to see a show where people that are supposedly experts in firearms knowledge make elementary mistakes.

One was in an episode in which they were discussing a .45 caliber pistol and the agent was typing the name of it on his computer as "Model 19-11."

Another one was the medical examiner was talking about the cartridge that the army used in the late 1800's which he called a "40-75" instead of a 45-70.

Another was that they were discussing the rifle that the boss used when he was a former Marine sniper and they kept referring to it as a "Lapua" rifle when talking about what type of rifle it was.

I am sure there are a bunch more than that and I actually hate to pick on NCIS because it is really one of the better shows in this regard!

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Ah, it's art. Is the casing thing the only unrealistic thing in the picture that you're concerned with?

Not concerned at all. Just made me think what there was out there. I've seen everything from racking a handgun multiple times without a single cartridge thrown, to the ever famous 1911 that needs no reloading. If I can remember the movie, there is a scene where a box of 357 magnums if passed out, to a group with semi autos.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    They are all out there. Perfect examples of the lack of knowledge about firearms. The newest one that caught my eye is from my favorite band. Love their music and shows, but their latest cover shows their lack of firearm knowledge. Post up your favorites and lets see the hilarity roll. Sorry if this is a dupe. Perhaps we should sticky a room for only gaffs like these.

gogobordello450.jpg

I'd like to think that they knew that the "bullet" was incorrect, but for the uninformed they would not know it was a bullet without the casing. On the flip side they are rather international...

What? Thats the new hornady, bro. It shoots 65% more bullet per bullet

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well, everyone know that once all the bullets in a magazine have been fired, the magazine is useless. Or at least a Rep in CO thinks so....

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    TV shows are legendary and this thread could go on and on and on...

I have recently gotten hooked on the TV show NCIS and have been watching a lot of old episodes lately. I have noticed 3 gaffes concerning guns that are fairly technical...

Wait, there are guns on the show? I just watch it because of the Abby character. She does it for me in a freaky kind of way.

michaeladkins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    Yes, great thread. It should be a sticky. Until then I will have to add it to my favorites.

I notice this stuff all the time. The wife gets sick of me rewinding the TV to show her. ;-).

Top Bottom