Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Marksman

Gun Safe Won't Open Help!!!!!!!!

My Stack-On 16 gun fireproof safe will not open. It's digital combination and when I put in the code the green light will come on but the handle won't turn. I'm starting to get frustrated because I kind of need my safe to work... Any help would be great!!!!
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Plinker
    I thought stack ons had a back up key.

Try new batteries. If still no good replace digital key pad POS or call Johnson safe co. I have no faith in keypad button pushing locks that hold my firearms hostage. Key or Combo, All can be breached but you have a button fail. When you get it out see where it was made. Good Luck

sorry to hear about your troubles friend; I recommend getting some Comp B and blowing it up. Then call Jeff at Johnson Safe and get an awesome DIAL safe.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my children may have peace"
    -Thomas Paine

Member of:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    National Association for Gun Rights
    NRA Life Member

I imagine you've already tried pretty hard to move the handle, but in case you've been a bit ginger with it you might try pushing in on the door while you unlock it and try to turn the handle. If the door is a bit out of adjustment the bolt on the actual lock might be dragging enough that the motor torque can't throw it out of engagement. The lock bolt should be isolated from a warped door and the green light should be indicating that the bolt did move, but that's about the only suggestion I have.
    Don't be an asshat.

Pretty much always looking to buy a Colt Combat or Lt.Weight Commander in 38 Super or 9mm

ICY GRANDMASTER MUSTACHE BiscuitNaBasket's Avatar
    I have a small stack-on keypad handgun safe. Sometimes you have to turn the knob slightly to the left AND THEN to the right to open. That would be awesome if that's your problem. Other than that, try using your key.

Hope you're not in the middle of a home invasion!! That would !
    Would you again describe what you saw as you saw the defendant carrying this owl?--Ballard v. State, 1974

Marksman
    After a few choice words and messing with the handle, I have finally got it open. I'll be gettin' a hold of Stack On first thing Monday morning because this is BS lol...... Also if my home was getting invaded my shotgun isn't in the safe and loaded with some good ol' fashion buckshot.

Thanks for all the help guys
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"

Expert
    I have had this happen - normally the batteries are getting weak. The solenoid that releases the lock just doesn't have enough power to pull out. Change the batteries! by the way you should have an "emergency" key that will open it even if the batteries go dead.
    Life member NRA - FFL -03 (Collector) life LTCH

I'm an old-school guy. I like my dial combination safe. It just looks.......safier.
    Is it me? It's them, right?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast