New "wall art"....yes its gun related ;)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have been wanting one of these for a while now, so I talked with a buddy of mine about it and he said he would give it a shot...I think this is pretty much a home run! Complete with magnetic on/off battery powered lights and even magnets to keep it shut if someone were to give it just a little tug. I had it in the store for a while to show.

20130819_210429_zps8a61914c.jpg

20130819_210524_zps7ea71326.jpg

peuf_20130819_6_zpsb6511d4d.png

20130819_210215_zps968fc5a1.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Two questions...

Does it lock?

Is the flag supposed to be missing 4 stripes?

Well if you really want to pick it apart it only has 28 stars too. But I think anyone who looks at it will get the idea of what it is supposed to be.

OP I think it is really cool. I have been thinking about getting one of those hide-a-gun picture frames but I think this is much classier.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Two questions...

Does it lock?

Is the flag supposed to be missing 4 stripes?

No lock, and yes there are missing stripes and stars missing...its not supposed to be an actual flag. More decorative and needed to fit a certain area (which doesn't show because the rest of the decorative stuff isn't out on the table in these pics, I just took some quick pics to post)

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Well if you really want to pick it apart it only has 28 stars too. But I think anyone who looks at it will get the idea of what it is supposed to be.

OP I think it is really cool. I have been thinking about getting one of those hide-a-gun picture frames but I think this is much classier.

Not trying to pick it apart, I'm just curious. The 28 star flag was the official U.S. flag from 1846-'47 after Texas joined the union, but it still had 13 stripes. I was just wondering if I was missing something.

Official U.S. Flags1777 - 1960

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Very nice! I would love to be able to just display a few of my old milsurps just on an old fashioned gun rack on the wall, but these days I'm just too paranoid I guess. After having all my guns stolen 30 some years ago, I'm a little gun shy (pun intended). They were on a rack, not visible from outside the house, and they disappeared soon after having a big party (Hey, I was 20 something!), so it's likely that it was someone that was at that party. All these years later, I keep them out of sight. At least this gives an option to have them closer at hand than in a safe, and looks good too.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    It looks really good. I see a possible project in my future :)

One question: it looks like it sticks out far enough from the wall that it says "I'm hollow and have storage capacity." Or is that just an effect of camera angles?

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It looks really good. I see a possible project in my future :)

One question: it looks like it sticks out far enough from the wall that it says "I'm hollow and have storage capacity." Or is that just an effect of camera angles?

I don't think it sticks out that far, maybe its the picture. You could go thinner I guess.

that is cool. it wouldn't be a bad idea to recess it into the wall a little bit...

I don't know how you would do that considering it must lift up. But maybe someone can figure something out. He designed it so the side boards touch the wall directly so that it doesn't look like it's accessable. He also used magnets inside so if you gave it a tug to see if it opens you wouldn't think it does. You must give it a pretty good tug to open. There are no handles to give it away either.

Cannon762

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Gas City Area
    It's really cool, awesome idea.

Is this your primary source of security for your firearms? Seeing as how it sticks out from the wall that far I would think it wouldn't take many ne'er-do-wells very long to figure out there's *something* in there.

Top Bottom