Gun flippers in the INGO Classifieds....Grrrr!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    So I sold a gun in the classifieds a few weeks ago to a member on here. I was snooping Armslist the other day to see what I could spend my newly acquired loot on and what do I see! The same dang gun I sold to a member here going for 400 more than I sold it for! I mean for cripes sake....if you can't trust an INGOer who can you trust!!

To add insult to injury, I saw that same gun up AGAIN on there for 200 more than what it was listed for before by a different seller?

Scam? I dunno...but I feel violated.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I can imagine how you feel.

I sort of feel like my guns are like pets, if I ever have to get rid of one, I would like to know that it's going to a good family. Not going from foster care to foster care.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I once gave some things to Salvation Army and a few weeks later I was in there and seen my items up on the shelf for sale. I could not believe it. They sell the things that I gave to them, how rude. Next thing someone is going to tell me that the money they receive from the sale of my items goes towards helping people that are in need. I just do not understand this world. I am going to make me a bacon smoothie.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Are you mad because you didn't get out of it what you thought it was worth? Or are you mad because the person you sold it to thought it was worth more--and possibly whomever buys it from them?

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    Nothing worse than gun flippers :tantrum:
    gun_flippers.jpg

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I know what you mean. I am not angry and I don't think you are either. I traded an AR scoped upper to to a member because I believed his sad needy story just to find out later that he sold it to someone else at a profit because I gave it it away to him. At least I have the rifle he traded to me instead of cash.

Never again.

loudpedal

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Parc Fermé
    Ok, did you know that picture was out there, search for "gun + flip" or have you been hanging on to it for just such an emergency?
    Regardless, it was funny.
    Oh I think that the this plot goes much deeper than that. I have reason to believe that NM0369 flipped one of 87IROC's guns just to get this thread started so that he could use that picture. :shady:

Regardless, it was funny.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    As wrong as it may seem that someone would buy something on here to turn a profit it does happen. The only time I see it being even remotely wrong is if they take the time to get you to come down on your price or misrepresent why they are buying it. Even then, if you sell it for a price your say over what happens to it after that is over. I bought an estate on here once knowing full well I only wanted a couple things out of it and would sell the rest. I paid the asking price, and for taking the time to piece meal it out I turned a pretty nice profit. In my case though it all evens out because I take losses on a lot of things too.

Top Bottom