• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    Ok so I have heard that Glock is going to have two new products this coming year that I am pretty excited to hear about and I have heard some interesting things from Colt manufacturing. I want to know what all the rumors are! And/or I want to know things that you already know are being released and are excited for and chomping at the bit to get your hands on!

for instance I saw hornady has some pretty neat stuff coming out! Lets hear it INGO!

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    According to a email response from Ruger's CEO, a large frame (Redhawk) revolver likely could be re-introduced. The productions lines have been separated and they now have a separate Medium & large line. I've also read that Colt is expected to get back into the double/single action revolver market. An announcement is expected at the Shot Show in January. Colt snake guns have become unaffordable by most red necks and so are their single action revolvers. As far as I'm concerned, their new listing had better sell in a price range with Ruger and Smith Wesson or I'm not interested. Otherwise I would love to have a stainless Python 357 magnum 6 inch barrel.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Lotta yawn... XDS-40, b/c they could barely get the 9 and .45 to work right off the bat. FN ARs, yep, the best $800 AR you can spend 1.5K on. Now the Diamondback fullsize is kinda interesting, as a novelty, you never know. Super compact Glock? Again, yawn. I don't carry subcompacts and the market's full of 'em.

As for Colt spin guns, they keep saying it, people keep rumoring it, but nothing comes out. If they did, I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that it will be no where the quality the old ones did and NOwhere close to the price of the old ones either.

These manufacturers keep saturating the market with stuff they think will sell b/c it did last year or 5 years ago. Market's saturated with guns, country literally awash. I have a strong feeling they don't want to put any brain power into something revolutionary or really odd.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have a strong feeling they don't want to put any brain power into something revolutionary or really odd.

Look, Eeyore/Benjamin, some cool stuff is coming out.

1. That 4 shot Edge Arms thing looks cool.

2. FN is finally getting into the AR game.

3. All SigSauer firearms will feature an engraved image of Ron Cohen in a Krav Maga action pose.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

2. FN is finally getting into the AR game.

3. All SigSauer firearms will feature an engraved image of Ron Cohen in a Krav Maga action pose.

LOL on #3. As for FN, as one of my aquaintencees says, "I get it, but...": There are many other companies that make much better ARs than some plain jane model that FN would make. The SCAR was a HUGE disappointment and very pricey, I can't imagine what their AR would cost (probably around the same as the Colt 6920, which again, yawn for the price). The Edge arms thing, admittedly, is kinda cool, but a toy, nothing more. One more novelty gun selling to people that would take it as a serious firearm, like the Judge situation all over again. "Oh, them's Judge, it's a tack driverrrr..." when their paper target looks like a drunk chimpanzee with a subgun sprayed it down after hammering on the barrel crown. BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Get off the stage (throws whiskey bottle at Kirk)

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    S&W will introduce a version of the Bodyguard .380 without the built-in laser.

The Armalite AR-31 sounds kinda neat. I also hope to see the official unveiling of the Beretta AR-100 5.56, with availability soon to follow...

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    The Glock 42 ads are real.
    There is one in the latest Guns & Ammo magazine.
    I am assuming it's a slim frame .380 but the ad only shows a zippo lighter with the caption "The only thing smaller that still fires every time."

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Colt snake guns have become unaffordable by most red necks and so are their single action revolvers. As far as I'm concerned, their new listing had better sell in a price range with Ruger and Smith Wesson or I'm not interested. Otherwise I would love to have a stainless Python 357 magnum 6 inch barrel.

If beat to hell Pythons and Anacondas are going for $1400+, why would Colt retail a brand new revolver for $800 while they could easily get 1400?

If I remember right, Colt sold the machinery or pitched it that build their DA/SA pistols, but I could be wrong on that one. But, they haven't made a DA pistol in 10 years so at the same time why would they keep machinery that they're not using

As for Colt spin guns, they keep saying it, people keep rumoring it, but nothing comes out. If they did, I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that it will be no where the quality the old ones did and NOwhere close to the price of the old ones either.

+1 to that

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "Oh, them's Judge, it's a tack driverrrr..."

I hope your upper teeth were properly protruding over your bottom lip when you typed this.

The SCAR was a HUGE disappointment and very pricey

Pffft, says the man that does not know The Ultimate when he sees it. Your opinion would change if you would dress in sepia colours and grow some facial hair instead of being clean-shaven and wearing that purple Zoot-suit that you wear to the range.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012

It is kind of cool... but it seems a bit oversized for what it is. Its heavier, longer, wider and taller than the Beretta Pico in .380... and sports 2 less rounds. The obvious advantage is that its totally reliable and can be shot from a pocket, but for an extra inch a J-Frame gives you 7 shots of 22mag or 5 shots of .38... and is still 5 ounces lighter.

Cool concept, but I'd pass unless then can get the weight and dimensions down. I am in the market for a pocket carry tho... maybe the Glock will fit the bill?

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I don't care anymore. I am still waiting for a gun that was announced at SHOT 2013. Manufacturers who talk about their new products at the show but then can't actually produce them (not make enough for an eager market but simply PRODUCE a gun that is an off-the shelf thing) are becoming far too common there.

And I am assuming that Reed Exhibitions is no longer running SHOT for the NSSF? Cuz after all the hue and cry last year about it it'd be a shame if they were.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    I don't care anymore. I am still waiting for a gun that was announced at SHOT 2013. Manufacturers who talk about their new products at the show but then can't actually produce them (not make enough for an eager market but simply PRODUCE a gun that is an off-the shelf thing) are becoming far too common there.

And I am assuming that Reed Exhibitions is no longer running SHOT for the NSSF? Cuz after all the hue and cry last year about it it'd be a shame if they were.

NSSF sent Reed packing back in May.

wildddw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 6, 2013
    Huntington
    thank for all of this guys! I did see the news about Colts revolvers I'm not really into revolvers that much but I knew some people on here would be excited! I am however excited for the new glock. I am in the market for a .380 for my wife and I would possibly wait for the release of a new Glock version of a pocket carry pistol!

Although I must say I would also love if Glock released a rifle!!

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    New backstrap/MSH grip treatment from Ed Brown. Chainlink III
    i8mffS4V3RuKrubNFKGDduyIRA9b6XnbDejqMgteHzKzE2lQHgs2QHZrfkak5UtlnZw4AZLHKXsH1a92aUCs4qiFsDQFnuyxONReqbBH7eRTxbiJx6tOxy6uTdh_LT58k_tIuH-mfgghrqHd5geVAt0q1oeaKVXhrFv1bbmmcvSXi1J5WrMWo9UTuxUVOk8K=s0-d-e1-ft
    6rdU4aEPsAffmqQ4dLFXIbLmVVw-GtD39Eg9tYofSDqLIY2cNQzFSX_QexuVD73d4TBxm7uhz4FpyQfQuTQBm5g6Qgq2r_b_miD6xfak52NMExa61ttt09-8kqqf7d8VR0UW2WwOhJ6L8Men0XSWmGWbHNcDND0ASu3P_j0-Aw-TDMwmcgUprNSlLwzfzVrz=s0-d-e1-ft
    Featuring our new for 2014 Chainlink III grip treatment, which takes the Chainlink II (golf ball style treatment) introduced in 2013 to a new level of enhancement. The smaller golf ball pattern and high tech machining of Chainlink III improves cosmetic appearance, and maintains a secure grip without being too aggressive. Also included as standard equipment is our new forged slide stop with a serrated lever for positive engagement. The G10 grips are now standard and look fantastic. We think you'll agree that our new improved Special Forces series are the ultimate 1911 handguns for serious use!
    Please help us spread the word by telling your shooting friends to subscribe at www.edbrown.com

Top Bottom