• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    So it is clear the officer requested him to stop and put the weapon down multiple times, and the man continued to approach him in an aggresive manner.

but my question is, did it require 5 shots to stop him? I understand that after 1 shot the man could have lunged, but he was headed toward the ground by shot 3.

Either way its a shame that someone is willing to take their life or anothers based on a string of bad luck and depression. Its a good thing he didnt have a gun, or it could have went another direction.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    It required what it required, lethal force was met with lethal force. He fired until the threat was not longer a threat. Pretty sure he wasn't counting or arm chairing it at the time.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    When your in that situation it's very difficult to determine exactly how many times you fire. Stopping the threat is the most important thing. As many rounds as it takes. A wounded gunman can still kill you from the ground. I can't get the video to play.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So it is clear the officer requested him to stop and put the weapon down multiple times, and the man continued to approach him in an aggresive manner.

but my question is, did it require 5 shots to stop him? I understand that after 1 shot the man could have lunged, but he was headed toward the ground by shot 3.

Either way its a shame that someone is willing to take their life or anothers based on a string of bad luck and depression. Its a good thing he didnt have a gun, or it could have went another direction.
    What are you talking about? 5 shots before he ever fell. He did the 100% right thing. This is not directed at you, I love the Monday morning quarterbacking by individuals who would crap their pants and run if faced with similar situation...all the while acting as if they know what they are talking about. The officers response was reasonable.

Work

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Would have been better if he had just cut himself. Now he gets what he wanted and ruins someone elses day/week/month/life. that officer has to live with what that guy made him do.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

Have you ever taken any self-defense handgun training?

Nmathew24

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Anybody got a different link? apparently my flash player is outdated and i it wont update either.

I went to PoliceOne where I first saw the video, and it seem like its not working; I also looked on Facebook, and the links have been removed. Not sure whats going on.

My :twocents:... This video has gotten a lot of talk over the past two days. Everyone says the LEO could have used less lethal force such as pepper spray or a taser. The only I have to that is...why would you expect a LEO to use non-deadly force on someone who is using deadly force towards him/her. Not saying that a firearm never fails, what happens if he pulled his taser and it malfunctioned? Vest are meant to stop bullets not blades. Now do I believe he fired to many time...no, regardless if you were in that situation as a non LEO.. you would want to go home after it was all said and done too. None of us happened to be there, but from stories I've read meth and cocaine are two powerful drugs and a suspects can take multiple shot and still bring on a hellacious fight.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We ask our military to not fire at bad guys , makes sense fools would ask the same of the police. I haven't seen the video, but I'm going to keep shoring until *I* feel safe, not until you think I should be safe.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I just saw it.... i am not saying it was a bad shoot, but i dont think it was the greatest either. Would suck to be in that position, and completely understand why the officer decided to fire.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The guy never stopped and he gave him quite a bit of leeway. Anyone else hear at the end the woman start to get aggressive after he shot him?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    The only reason for my position, is i would have liked to see the officer try and retreat a little faster until he had more help with him. he knew they were on their way and there was plenty of space behind him. Do i think him backing up would have changed the outcome? No, thats why i think its a good shoot but i would have liked to see him try at least. then again i wasnt there and dont know what led up to that or what other information the officer had so i will not sit here and armchair quarterback and criticize the cop for the decision he was forced to make.

Top Bottom