• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Seems like after being in New York State for decades they will pull the plug and flush Illion NY down the commode and start up in the far south. Could this be caused by 2a issues or purely a cost savings move from a high tax state to a lower tax and wage state with said state giving big tax breaks.

This is was reported by yellowhammer news but my link seems to be unresponsive.

I was was told the announcement will be made this week. 2000 Alabama jobs added and 1220 jobs in New York lost.

SouthernStar25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 6, 2013
    West Of The Fields
    Seems to be somewhat of a trend along with Beretta's recent announcement of a move to Gallatin, Tennessee. I'd sure like to see Indiana land a disenchanted gun manufacturer currently based in an anti-gun state.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Seems like after being in New York State for decades they will pull the plug and flush Illion NY down the commode and start up in the far south. Could this be caused by 2a issues or purely a cost savings move from a high tax state to a lower tax and wage state with said state giving big tax breaks.

This is was reported by yellowhammer news but my link seems to be unresponsive.

I was was told the announcement will be made this week. 2000 Alabama jobs added and 1220 jobs in New York lost.

"Far South?" Lol, Yankee.... "Deep" South.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Welcome news. Glad to see the freedom to move from one state to another to take advantage of a different set of laws is still extant. This type of freedom is anathema to big gov't liberals like Chuckie Schumer and Obama, who would love to short circuit the whole process by making their groupthink on gun control federal law.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I won't break out the celebration booze until after Monday and see the details. That's a lot of jobs and some under the table money would likely keep them in ny.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    For every NY cheer in running off an evil arms manufacturer, I betcha there is an even bigger YEEHAW WOOT! coming from the folks in AL. And yes indeed, it would be fantastic to see a manufacturer come to the Hoosier state!

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    So basically Remington is telling NY "Bit my arse" Good for them. Looks like another Remington will be in my future. Always were a fan of "big Green".:patriot:

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    A very smart move on so many levels. It takes some time for the negative consequences of liberal legislation to manifest itself, but this was bound to happen. Now, Remington will be celebrated instead of scorned. Probably lower taxes, fewer regulations, and lower overall costs. Better weather too.

Racechase1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Indy
    I know that will destroy up state NY. The people up there were scared to death about the loss of good paying jobs. The idiots forgot one thing. Elections do have consequences , and now they find out how big. Too bad they didn't think that way before they cast their votes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know that will destroy up state NY. The people up there were scared to death about the loss of good paying jobs. The idiots forgot one thing. Elections do have consequences , and now they find out how big. Too bad they didn't think that way before they cast their votes.

Poor upstaters, they don't have the numbers to wrestle power from NYC.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    You will have to excuse this Yankee a bit but I thought Deep South was Florida and far south was anything south of Bristol tenn to the Florida state line.

There's a certain irony in the depth of Southern-ness relative to geography. The deepest South in the nation is rural Virginia, imo.

I've been to every state except those NE of NYC, Alaska, and Oregon. YMMV.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ............I think Remington is gonna stay in NY. .........

Probably until they get the new operations up and running.
    I would guess there won't be any expansion of the NY plant and downsizing of labor and work in the next few years as production moves to a new welcoming home.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Huntsville?!? Booo! They already have Space Camp!
    Hey, the guy's probably heard about the great food and BBQ in Huntsville and Decatur. It's almost enough to make me want to move there. As it is, I already make sure we vacation in places that allow for a trip through there, just so we can eat at Big Bob Gibson's and see the Space Center, every so often.

Top Bottom