Dixie gun works muzzle loader. Need info.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtolbert8

Plinker
    Apr 27, 2009
    I just bought a Dixie gun works muzzle loader in a sale but I have zero info on it. Curious about what model it is. It's stamped made in Italy. And Dixie gun works. It's a percussion. Does anyone have any experience with Dixie gun works? I have a serial # but can't find anything matching on they're website.

sun

Marksman
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    A picture is worth 1000 words.
    Dixie Gun Works has been importing guns for decades now, at least since the 1960's or 1970's, and from many different Italian makers, both as kits and as finished guns.
    At least a description of the caliber, whether it's a 1/2 stock or full stock, length of barrel, type of patchbox, buttplate, sights, number of barrel keys (wedges), other identifying features etc...

jtolbert8

Plinker
    Apr 27, 2009
    A picture is worth 1000 words.
    Dixie Gun Works has been importing guns for decades now, at least since the 1960's or 1970's, and from many different Italian makers, both as kits and as finished guns.
    At least a description of the caliber, whether it's a 1/2 stock or full stock, length of barrel, type of patchbox, buttplate, sights, number of barrel keys (wedges), other identifying features etc...
    https://bf1-attach.ymail.com/us.f14...60&partner=ymail&sig=AwK2eBPQDr1mzl1mQyYMvQ--

jtolbert8

Plinker
    Apr 27, 2009
    It looks very similar to the traditions Kentucky long rifle Dixie gun works has on the website however this one says it's made in Italy on the left side of the barrel and the new Kentucky rifles are imported from Spain. I was hoping there would be a serial number lookup

ScouT6a

Master
    Mar 11, 2013
    I could not view the picture. The link took me to a login page. As stated above, Dixie has sold imported black powder guns for decades. I am sure you can find some models sold under the Dixie name that have been made in Japan, Spain, and Italy over the years. Same model, just wherever they could get it made to their specifications at the cheapest price.
    A detailed description or picture here, should be a simple matter to identify it.

Top Bottom