• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I feel like I find out about a gun or 2 I didn't previously know about almost every month and they are usually strange or unique. So that got me thinking.

What's the most unique/rare/strangest/different gun you've ever shot INGO?

Could be design wise, ammo used, or just something not very well known.

I personally havent shot anything out of the ordinary, but if I had to say for me, it might be a single shot bolt action .50 cal rifle a guy at the range let me try once. Not really rare or super unique but it was different from what I have experience with. I can't wait to shoot my new Vz2008. That's a bit more unique and lesser known, especially since even the FFL thought it was an AK.

Let's here about those weird guns!

Last edited:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    These are not weird, but they are unique, becoming rare and the action is most definitely different: I have a couple lower end Collector Grade 1913 P08 Lugers that I love to shoot now and then. I have a Shooter Grade P08 that is made for me from parts that is fun to take to the range.

My higher end Collector Grade P08s I do not shoot at all. Period. I take them out, make love to them and put them back after being cleaned, lubed and polished. :>)

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Barrett M82A1.

353_barrett_m82a1.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess one of the most unique rifles I've shot was a Martini-Henry Mark IV, in .577/450. The most unique rifle that I personally own and shoot is probably my Gewehr 88 contract rifle.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    My list is relative to me.

A Taurus .454. It was something else! I don't have the desire to do it again.
    Full auto MP5. Unfortunately I had to shoot it semi-auto due to the range rules where we were.
    Flintlock rifle (unknown make). Shooting flintlocks is very weird due to the delay. I'm sure it's only a fraction of a second but it feels like a long time waiting for the something to happen.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    attachment.php

I don't think this is technically a gun, but it is by far the most unique (to me) weapon I have ever fired on a target. A Panzerfaust 3. :rockwoot:

Attachments

• panzerfaust3.jpg
      panzerfaust3.jpg
      11.5 KB · Views: 343

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I love my 500 S&W Snubby :) But a M1 Garand Tanker was kind cool too

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Mine would be an old black powder cannon. Instead of cannon balls, we filled pop cans with concrete. Shot it out across the field. Was a lot of fun.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Don't even know the name. It was a 20mm AA gun. The guy had gotten the mount from a warehouse in the old Yugoslavia. When you were sitting on it, the left foot pedal was semi and the right was full auto. IIRC it fired from a 8 rd mag. Shot a solothurn the same day. That was back in 1990/ 1991 down at a private shoot in southern Indiana.
    THAT was a good day:biggun:

Bob

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    While I was still in school in St Louis, I used to go to a public range west of the city. One day me and a buddy went out and had our session interrupted by a HUGE cloud of blackpowder smoke. We went over and talked to the guy while the smoke cleared. He told us about, and let us shoot, his .75 cal flintlock musket that he had made himself. Very cool.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I haven't shot anything too unique or odd as of yet. I'd say a full auto Browning M1919 was about the most unique.

I will be getting a New Zealand pattern Lee-Enfield carbine in a few days so that will probably top the list. Around 1500 to 2000 made so a pretty rare piece.

Last edited:

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    2h2l1fb.jpg

A Nazi officers Luger from WWII. By far one of the weirdest pistols ever made. When I first shot it I hit the mag release with my trigger pull so after the round went off the mag dropped and the slide locked back. I though I blew it up.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Nothing too terribly exotic, yet.

I have shot a .357 COP. That was neat.

I'm quite sure I've also shot a Luger.

The little tip-up Beretta autos and their clones are "unique". I've shot the Beretta .22LR one of those (Tomcat?)

I've shot an old Krag in .30-40 and a reproduction Sharp in .45-70. The .45-70 is a cool cartridge, for sure.

From an operating standpoint, the H&K P7 has probably been the most unique.

-J-

jcj54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    NE
    US Model 1819 (Hall Rifle) breech loading blackpowder flintlock.
    Unlatch & lift breech. Pour in powder charge and put in round ball.
    Close breech, cock hammer, prime pan, cloze frizzen.
    Aim and fire.

WAY Cool!!!

Top Bottom