Doctor shoots back at patient who shot at him...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Good for him, shame his aim wasn't better. I hope the hospital system treats him as a hero rather than firing him.

Last edited:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    He violated his hippocratic oath...... :(

Hippocratic oath or hypocritical oath?

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

there are infinite versions of the Hippocratic oath. Originally you swore before Apollo and all the gods of Mt Olympus.

Primum non nocere "first, do no harm" is an ethical thing but I don't believe it's in the oath. The oath also states we will not perform abortion, though I'm sure this has been dropped over the centuries.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.[/q

If someone ask you if you are a god you say YES!

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I read in the Yahoo coverage that the facility had a "no gun except law enforcement" policy. Even though this Doc saved not only his life, but likely that of many others, he will probably lose his job. He might have grounds for a lawsuit that the hospital failed to provide adequate security which is why he had to arm himself. If they do fire him, I hope he sues them for a million dollars (or more) since he'd likely lose his license to practice and not be able to work in his field again.

He had to make a choice...lose his life or (potentially) lose his job.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013

Wrong!!! This will, guarantied.

no-weapons-sign.png

Top Bottom