• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    This just in, the sky is blue.

EDIT: I figured at first it was just the usual Chicago gangland stuff, but after hearing the details this is a very unfortunate situation.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Software company. Shooter was apparently demoted on Friday due to downsizing. Walked in and shot the company CEO twice (head and abdomen); CEO is in grave condition. Shooter then took his own life.

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Stupid **** that reporters say, volume 72893: "People who were witnesses to this scene said it was quite a frightening situation."

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Software company. Shooter was apparently demoted on Friday due to downsizing. Walked in and shot the company CEO twice (head and abdomen); CEO is in grave condition. Shooter then took his own life.

That can be a very stressful time. It's sad some people snap under the pressure and take others down with them.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    That can be a very stressful time. It's sad some people snap under the pressure and take others down with them.

What ever happened to the good old days when people who were fired or demoted just went home, got hammered, and started looking for a new job on Monday?:dunno:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    What ever happened to the good old days when people who were fired or demoted just went home, got hammered, and started looking for a new job on Monday?:dunno:

Not that I am advocating the alternative here, but I would venture to guess that the biggest difference is that in the good old days, a job would be there to be found on Monday. Further, a mediocre to poor job then was often as good as what is considered a good job now. Today, we have a combination of jobs that aren't much to speak of and more people on public assistance than working full time, leading to a greater tax burden than existed in the good old days. Besides which, when you go get hammered, then the PD will be there with bells on to see to it that your day gets even worse, keeping in mind that going out to drink was generally part of the drinking ritual before going home already polluted and drinking some more. In short, we now have 24/7 pressures on us unknown to previous generations.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    . In short, we now have 24/7 pressures on us unknown to previous generations.

Different, but I don't by it that life is somehow harder now than some mythical past. People still living can remember when people died regularly from very simple causes, and having a job of any kind was close to miraculous, and you did whatever the boss said no matter how big an ******* he was. What we have is a society that has had it so good for so long that it has lost contact with what having it tough really is.

In this case, according to the article, the guy wasn't even fired outright, he was demoted. For crying out loud, if you can't take it anymore shoot yourself but leave everyone else out of it.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Different, but I don't by it that life is somehow harder now than some mythical past. People still living can remember when people died regularly from very simple causes, and having a job of any kind was close to miraculous, and you did whatever the boss said no matter how big an ******* he was. What we have is a society that has had it so good for so long that it has lost contact with what having it tough really is.

In this case, according to the article, the guy wasn't even fired outright, he was demoted. For crying out loud, if you can't take it anymore shoot yourself but leave everyone else out of it.

You apparently have mistaken my position. Being able to comprehend why something happened and condoning it are two entirely different things. You have a point to an extent. The good old days did require more hard work. Aside from the depression, that work was generally there. Further, it was easier to find work outside of a conventional job then given that you didn't have .gov meddling in every damned thing you did. When thing got rough in the 50's, Eisenhower arranged to deport illegals rather than encourage more of them to come in a time of hardship like this f*cking moron we have in teh White House today. Then, bosses could be much more harsh directly than now, but the other side of the coin is that it was generally finished at that point, not with a smile hiding a steady stream of backstabs you get blindsided with. So far as I am concerned, the biggest difference is that we make an outward pretense of having a kinder, gentler society but in reality the only difference is that the bad parts used to be left in the open and today they are hidden. Personally, I would rather have an honest picture that I can see coming than get blindsided.

Top Bottom