• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's a dancehall on the Northside of Indianapolis?

This is like square dancing and stuff?

Saddle Up Saloon & Dancehall

Sorry, OP, unfamiliar with this joint. Not my scene, but at least you do not have to put up with SWIPPLES and hipsters there.:D

The doorman said "no guns"? Ok, exercise the power of the dollar and leave. Did you blow him kisses?

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Sorry guys, I just assumed that members here knows this place coz people here talked about this place in the break room forum.

Kirk, you got the correct place. I didn't want to go in the first place but I wanted to check the place out and see what's the hype all about.

LOL, the doorman was unworthy of my kisses.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You did the right thing . . . UNLESS the chicks were hot OR Zombie Dust was on tap, then you should have gone in.

Do hot chicks like this kind of place now? Is square dancing hip?

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    There were some but nah, I wasn't there to see them. I went there for a going away party for a co-worker. To answer your question. apparently, they do.

Too old for this **** man. Can't keep up with the younglings.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    So when did they not allow firearms in? Dude on the front says no firearms or knives, so I just left.

f0124_ca_2014_bull_flyer_v01.jpg

:orly:

...I guess that instead of a pair of cocked revolvers, I am actually seeing a pair of stuffed bunny rabbits in this ad... :rolleyes: :dunno: :rolleyes:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    logic would say that guns, knives and alcohol JUST DON'T MIX !!!!!!!!!!!

You're speaking for logic then I see...:rolleyes:

I would recommend then that if YOU plan on getting drunk don't bring a knife or a gun.

As for me I'll do what I please, mind your own business.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I went last night, the Mrs. and some friends wanted to go and didn't want to go by themselves. I left my EDC in the car but if I would have had a pocket gun they wouldn't have even known. No pat down or wand, just had to lift my shirt and show them my waistline, pocket/ankle carry would have gone unnoticed.

And yes, there was plenty of eye candy inside, but I was just looking at my wife so IDK who else was in there.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Contrary to what it may seem, the majority of people here aren't from the Indianapolis area.

I still lurk when there is talk of Broadripple. I'm still not sure where it is. Or its attraction.

Back to the OP, unless you are going to sit quietly at the bar, or carry a lightweight ultra concealed firearm, how can you partake of the activities with a roscoe on your side? It seems it would get in the way on the bull riding anyway....Or do you wear shorts and cowboy boots?

Last edited:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    For Broad Ripple, start at 62nd and College. It's kind of encrusted around there, maybe mostly east. Normal people can sit back and watch the hipsters and freaks.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Thanks for the effort, but for us provincials from Ft Wayne, I have no idea where College St is. Or 62nd.

I am coming to Indy for three days of work this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I will be shuttling people from Military Park on West St to Lucas Oil Stadium. Back and forth for three days in a chartered motor coach.

I like to eat at Shapiros. That is all I really know for sure.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Thanks for the effort, but for us provincials from Ft Wayne, I have no idea where College St is. Or 62nd.

I am coming to Indy for three days of work this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I will be shuttling people from Military Park on West St to Lucas Oil Stadium. Back and forth for three days in a chartered motor coach.

I like to eat at Shapiros. That is all I really know for sure.

Numbered streets are the north side. 62nd St would be 6.2 miles north of Washington St. East/West grid is based off Meridian. College is 0.7 miles east of Meridian. So, from Washington/Meridian (the alleged center of downtown) its 6.2 miles north and 0.7 miles east.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Hey, Mrs E is one of those "provincials" from the Fort, and she finds her way around fine down here. Get up there, I just let her drive; that place is like a Gordian knot to me. 62nd & College isn't really important unless you're very lost or very intent on getting there.

Top Bottom