Black Texans protesting police violence by exercising right to openly carry guns

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    I hadn't seen this posted elsewhere, so I figured it'd be relevant to the interests of those here: Black Texans Protest Police Violence by Exercising Right to Openly Carry Guns | Mediaite There is also little, limited buzz on Twitter for it: https://twitter.com/hashtag/blackopencarry?src=hash

Except this time it isn't a 'Open Carry Texas' rally, but instead the Huey P. Newton Gun Club. When watching all the Ferguson news unfold, I was surprised by the lack of carrying I saw there. One reporter even mentioned he had his CCW for Missouri but 'left my gun at home' because 'this is no place to carry'.

Anyhow, regardless how you feel about recent and past events... here you go. I'm not up to date with the past decades of whatever police violence they are protesting in sync with the Brown shooting and Ferguson stuff, but I think they have the right idea and I'd like to see their numbers grow in size so long as the protests remain peaceful.

What do you think? Yay or nay?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I support the 2nd Ammendment, so I say "Yay" for anyone who can legally own and carry a firearm." Nay" for all others, and some of those "others" is WHY I legally own and carry a firearm (s).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "The militia of these free commonwealths, entitled and accustomed to their arms, when compared with any possible army, must be tremendous and irresistible. Who are the militia? are they not ourselves. Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American. What clause in the state or federal constitution hath given away that important right.... T he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the foederal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."

Tench Cox, February 20, 1788.

The First and Second are inextricably intertwined.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I didn't see that coming.
    Still confused on what they're protesting.
    If it's because of the cops shooting bad guys recently then they are flat out WRONG. There is just no other way to say this but-
    They are being very racist by doing this. The cops shot bad guys - that also happened to be black of color. It's just a color.

If they are just exercising their right to carry, then good. They have my blessings.

If they are carrying to protect themselves from being shot by the police by marching up and down the streets armed and ready, I just can't see a good ending for them. Taunting to become a martyr for - what cause. One they just invented??

I pity them...:(

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    I wonder if open carry Texas will join them?

Hey, I gotta give these guys credit. They've yet to brandish their firearm publicly for a 'cool' photo to public on social media like the OCT group seemingly enjoys doing AND they're not staging silly protests at private businesses like OCT did. Peaceful marches in public, carrying rifles. OCT could learn a thing or two on how to protest. Keep businesses out of it. :)

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The Huey P. Newton gun club huh? If people actually read the Black Panther platform, they would not cheering these folks... More power to them for exercising their rights, but for us to give them "credit" is akin to people giving a thumbs up to uniformed KKK members for protesting carry rights.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I don't know, perhaps toward the end of the Black Panthers, when David Horowitz divorced with the Left I'd agree with you.

However, my sentiments are more akin to the Smoking Man in X-Files.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    If they are carrying to protect themselves from being shot by the police by marching up and down the streets armed and ready, I just can't see a good ending for them. Taunting to become a martyr for - what cause. One they just invented??

I pity them...:(
    The Black Panthers were WELL KNOWN for taunting and egging on the police, the "white man's establishment" very often. I had the misfortune of speaking with one during college (back when I was a libtard). Black cops were "uncle Toms" and needed to be killed along with the white cops.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I don't know, perhaps toward the end of the Black Panthers, when David Horowitz divorced with the Left I'd agree with you.

However, my sentiments are more akin to the Smoking Man in X-Files.

Is that how small you think the government is, Agent Freeman? (inhales dried cabbage cigarette) :D

They had a rally in Dayton when I went to college. Me, being stupid, idealistic and just having watched Malcolm X, went to it. They celebrated the recent shooting of a white cop by a black repeat felon, along with demanding for black only nation and so on, so forth. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

For people on this board to applaud this, I am very concerned. We can disagree or agree on open vs. concealed carry, but let's be honest, there are groups that we REALLY don't need on our side: Texas Open Carry comes to mind and this Black Panther tied outfit as well.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The 2nd Amendment is for ALL of us - not just those you like or with whom you agree.

There's an element to truth in this matter. But, when their "endgame" is the elimination of the white race via force, I want to distance myself from that kind of mindset.

In the end, the perversion of Martin Luther King's vision of equality, attempting to force it into a supremacy situation is sick.

That being said, I will bow out and agree to disagree. I know what I heard during the rally. I know what I saw during that short hour. They wanted to kill whites and celebrated the concept. If you want to support a right, awesome. If you want to support a group such as this because they support a similar right, I can't get behind it.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Absolutely, with them up to a point.

Just like the Smoking Man said he was with Martin Luther King until he started talking like a Maoist, I'm with them in self-defense. Offense is a completely different issue.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Absolutely, with them up to a point.

Just like the Smoking Man said he was with Martin Luther King until he started talking like a Maoist, I'm with them in self-defense. Offense is a completely different issue.

No doubt. The right of self preservation is core, sacred and fundamental to our nation. The Black Panthers and the Nation of Islam did a pretty bang up job, when they weren't fraught with corruption, in the 60s-70s trying to improve the life of the urban black individual, brought in the seemingly foreign concept of the family unit, nutrition, self discipline, etc... But, that was not the group I saw in the early 2000s. No, these were raving lunatics that wanted to kill white cops as "revolution". Even with my liberal mindset, I wanted to leave and most ricky-tick... The entitlement, violence fueled and minded urban culture has destroyed that. Maybe these guys were splinter from the main ideals of the BP, but doesn't matter in my head.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    For people on this board to applaud this, I am very concerned..

I'm for any peaceful protest that may strengthen 2A rights. I've not looked too heavily into this, but from what I can see they've not done some of the Ferguson stuff like set a gas station on fire or throw rocks at police or anything.

Okay, so the name of their group is questionable. I get that. Let's imagine this is the Bill Cosby Gun Club. We all love Bill Cosby, right?

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I'm for any peaceful protest that may strengthen 2A rights. I've not looked too heavily into this, but from what I can see they've not done some of the Ferguson stuff like set a gas station on fire or throw rocks at police or anything.

Okay, so the name of their group is questionable. I get that. Let's imagine this is the Bill Cosby Gun Club. We all love Bill Cosby, right?

Pudding is a terrible lube and attracts ants. AR gums up immediately, though runs a bit longer with the chocolate stuff... Sweaters are a bit stuffy in the summer, but remember, it's for the rights! :D Do it for America, jibba-jabba...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    There's an element to truth in this matter. But, when their "endgame" is the elimination of the white race via force, I want to distance myself from that kind of mindset.

In the end, the perversion of Martin Luther King's vision of equality, attempting to force it into a supremacy situation is sick.

That being said, I will bow out and agree to disagree. I know what I heard during the rally. I know what I saw during that short hour. They wanted to kill whites and celebrated the concept. If you want to support a right, awesome. If you want to support a group such as this because they support a similar right, I can't get behind it.

I support their right to carry firearms, and their right to speak their mind. As to their goals as an organization, all I can say is "come get some. "

I will not live in fear of them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I support their right to carry firearms, and their right to speak their mind. As to their goals as an organization, all I can say is "come get some. "

I will not live in fear of them.

Yep. They have those rights. I have the same rights to speak out against them, if I so desire. More speech is better...that way you can tell who your enemies are and what they're planning.

Top Bottom