• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    Did anyone attend the 1500? If so,what were your impressions? How were prices? Did you buy anything? How was the crowd? (I didn't want to threadjack the other thread)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    They had a table. Slow show, very slow. Didn't get usual nut-to-butts. Lots of vendors had cloths on their tables 20 minutes before closing.

Weather turned out to be nice too

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    This show is in one day better than the May show from my perspective. Friday is not typically an n to b crowd volume. I'm very interested to see what tomorrow & Sunday bring.

CAT 1000B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    I had a great time at the show. Very few people to bump into and there were times when there were only a few people in the whole aisle I was in. I picked up a Rock River Beast upper and an 8 lb. jug of Lil Gun powder.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I went, surprised it crowd was as sparse as it was (though still HUGE bottle neck by ZX Guns booth...imagine that). Prices were in-friggin-sane on about anything that remotely looked like an AK (IMO), averaging $1100/per.

Did find a deal on an M&P 9, which is something i was looking for anyway so +/+.

indyjs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Greenwood
    Line was around the building to the 38th st entrance at 240 pm. They need to do a better job of getting the people in. Not going back. They desperately need a new venue

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Line was around the building to the 38th st entrance at 240 pm. They need to do a better job of getting the people in. Not going back. They desperately need a new venue

People have been saying that for years. Not going to happen. Me, I doubt I will ever go again. My LGS get the bulk of my business and I order a few things from places like Midway. Once in a while I use the classifieds. I am not willing to put up with poor venue, overcrowding, waiting in lines, parking etc. Just not worth it, few if any deals, not like it used to be. Maybe if attendance is low for a while they will work to make it a better show. But I am not a young buck anymore and doubt I have enough years left to see it get fixed.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I went, surprised it crowd was as sparse as it was (though still HUGE bottle neck by ZX Guns booth...imagine that). Prices were in-friggin-sane on about anything that remotely looked like an AK (IMO), averaging $1100/per.

Did find a deal on an M&P 9, which is something i was looking for anyway so +/+.

Idiots, I hope they leave Sunday with every overpriced AK.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    People have been saying that for years. Not going to happen. Me, I doubt I will ever go again. My LGS get the bulk of my business and I order a few things from places like Midway. Once in a while I use the classifieds. I am not willing to put up with poor venue, overcrowding, waiting in lines, parking etc. Just not worth it, few if any deals, not like it used to be. Maybe if attendance is low for a while they will work to make it a better show. But I am not a young buck anymore and doubt I have enough years left to see it get fixed.

What I have observed is in the last few years the bulk of the dealers/venders have an almost slimy used car salesman vibe about them. Most of us that attend these shows know a little bit about firearms and some of the not even fibs but out right lies that come out of some of them make me wonder if we really look that dumb.

There are a few great dealers and venders there just the good ones seem to be out numbered by the bad ones. And it also seems the bulk of the bad ones just started the last few years. Like since the 2008 scare they got into business, don't remember then in numbers before that. JMHO

I won't go back for a while. I find it more enjoyable to just make a loop on a day off and visit several different gun stores. Less stress, you can actually browse and not feel rushed.

TheBigLebowski

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Bloomington
    We got there about 5:00, walked straight in......no crowds. I thought ammo was priced high......gun prices even higher......but then again I don't like to dicker over price. I had a wish list of a couple of items but didn't see anything I couldn't live without. What it allows me is the opportunity to put several different weapons in my hand that I might normally not get to see.

I did meet a couple of fellas over at the INGO booth and paid my site supporter fee. Nice fellas.......one (sorry I've forgotten your user name) lives a couple of miles from me.

All in all, I had a good time looking but not buying. But, I did meet up with another INGO member on the way to the 1500 and got a really good deal on a new trap gun.........so I really didn't get shut out completely.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I figured it would be a slow show, with the Holiday weekend. I'm on call for my work this weekend, so I cannot go. Although I'm probably not missing much. I rarely buy anything out there anymore anyway. I just use the internet for most of my purchases. As others have stated, a new venue is in order, as well as better organization. I have over the past couple of years enjoyed the Stout Field show since it has been revived.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    Husband and I went yesterday, our first 1500. It was fun, but not impressive. One of the guys we went with has been to a lot of 1500s, he said this one was a disappointment. Since we haven't been to many gun shows, I don't have much to compare it to. I don't like crowds, so it was plenty crowded enough to me. I'm short, and have trouble seeing stuff if there are crowds. I didn't care for the way most of the vendors acted. They usually ignored, or were too pushy and assumed I know next to nothing. Sometimes it's funny, other times, just annoying. Didn't really see any deals, but saw some things I like.
    I bought a bottle of water, and got my neck/back adjusted by the chiropractor...I should have asked if he's an INGO member. He did a good job, and gave me some good info.

Wolverine6G

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 2, 2012
    since going to the NRA show i have no desire to go to the 1500 i know completely different animal but still.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    What I have observed is in the last few years the bulk of the dealers/venders have an almost slimy used car salesman vibe about them.. There are a few great dealers and venders there just the good ones seem to be out numbered by the bad ones. I won't go back for a while. .
    This ^! IMO , unless you're into smelling ass and people watching the 1500 is pretty useless and not worth the hassle or price of admission .

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I bought a bottle of water, and got my neck/back adjusted by the chiropractor...I should have asked if he's an INGO member. He did a good job, and gave me some good info.

He is an ingo member but isn't on very much. I met him at the 1500 about 3 years ago and he has been my chiropractor since. He knows what he is doing and loves to talk guns.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    This will be my 4 or 5th trip back (including late last year) and this was the smallest I've seen. There weren't that many gun dealers and I ignored the overpriced private collection and other non-firearm tables. The prices ranged from decent to WAY overpriced. I matched prices using gunwatcher.com. I will be surprised if one particular vendor gets any business. He must be working with Gander Mountain. All his firearms were $70+ over. I finally got a great deal (it wasn't ZX) and bought my new EDC. I shot it today at BGF and man it's smooth!!! I LOVE IT!!

Anyway, I'm glad it was not overcrowded. I went Friday around 3:40pm and even though I parked way out in the boonies, the crowd was tolerable and I only smelled one bad odor from a couple of guys that probably decided to use whiskey and beer as cologne.

Top Bottom