• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I've read a few reviews on slick guns. A few issues but their CS responds to resolve issues but there are always people who'd complain about being hung with a new rope. I Have a build in mind and their prices are very tempting...maybe too tempting. 

Here is a link to their deals...select the deal and scroll down and see the individual comments.
    http://www.slickguns.com/user/23979/comments

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Sorry - can't believe I missed this thread!

I've gotten 2 uppers from them off Gunbroker. The GB prices are about 2/3 of what they want retail. I'm not sure how their business model works, but they don't mind selling on GB at a discount.

The fit and finish were good on both. I popped them on my LMT lower and they were fine. I traded the first upper for some parts, and use the second upper (with a free float quad rail) on a PSA build. For a budget rifle, I've had no issues at all.

ETA: Oh, and their shipping rate totally sucks and is clearly a profit center for them. But, even with that, the GB deals were cheaper than anywhere else.

Verls65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Just got my first Hardened arms upper.....WOW! It's sexy!

https://www.hardenedarms.com/ecProduct_278_27

I haven't taken it to the range yet, but I will let ya'll know how it functions.
    My only hesitation initially is that I got an 18" divoted barrel with 12" quad rail and it is a bit front heavy. (I built it with a magpul CTR stock that is pretty light weight so maybe a heavier stock would balance things out a little.)
    Initial feelings about the company and product are great though! Shipping took awhile, but they are in Friday Harbor, Wa!! That's about as far away from Indiana as you can get while still being in the continental US!!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Wow - just went to Gunbroker and it looks like they've stopped selling on there since the first of the year. Their online business has probably taken off, so they don't need to discount any more.

Top Bottom