• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    First is by MTV about a high school that is allowing senior pictures to be taken with hunting rifles. Next is a British poll about banning all guns.

Preferred method of voting. Copy the following URLs and manually enter in your browser to hit the sites:
    Code:
    1- http://www.mtv.com/news/1974165/guns-senior-pictures-nebraska/
    2- http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/how-you-fewer-gun-nuts-fewer-4207872
    If you can't copy/paste the URLs, then you can click through here:
    1- Should This School Let Students Pose For Senior Pictures With Hunting Rifles? [Poll] - MTV
    2- How do you get fewer gun-nuts? Fewer guns would be a start - Fleet Street Fox - Mirror Online

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    dont forget to right click the links and choose copy, then paste the URL into a new browser window. Directly clicking the links causes some polls to skew because it sees we are all coming from here. (vs finding the polls on our own)

ETA: Anyone else notice the first link (MTV) doesnt give results? I find that mildly disturbing.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    ETA: Anyone else notice the first link (MTV) doesnt give results? I find that mildly disturbing.
    That and the fact that they think that only guns should be permitted in photographs for hunting purposes

I couldn't bring myself to read the rag that is the Mirror, but I did like this, from the paper once run by Piers Morgan;
    mirrorfail.jpg

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Voted.

The author of the Mirror article was a "nutter". I don't think that I have ever read such outrageous and foolish statements.

The MTV poll doesn't show results so the outcome could be whatever they want it to be. The choices were "No" and "Only if used for legal hunting purposes". Apparently they either don't believe there are any other legal purposes for a firearm or they want people to be conditioned to think that way.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I agree. As usual, didn't like the choices. MTV one won't let me see the result.

And, and article that's labeled, "How do you get rid of gun nuts", yup I'm sure that will be balanced.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Hit both. The Mirror article is the stupidest thing I've seen all week.:rolleyes:
    I'm just glad that stupidity is not contagious. You also have to remember that the Mirror is a tabloid rag, and that it's intellectual peak is to inspire drunken conversation in the pub just in time for last orders

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    dont forget to right click the links and choose copy, then paste the URL into a new browser window. Directly clicking the links causes some polls to skew because it sees we are all coming from here. (vs finding the polls on our own)

QFT. Copy the link and paste in a new window.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Voted!

I love this quote from the British link: "All of humanity gets in an arms race and before you know it your neighbour has an atomic weapon they threaten to let off if you don't sort out the Leylandii."

It's the classic anti-gunner fantasy. Yes, because I have a handgun, I am going to start an arms race with my neighbors and end up with a nuke. Pure idiocy.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Voted!

I love this quote from the British link: "All of humanity gets in an arms race and before you know it your neighbour has an atomic weapon they threaten to let off if you don't sort out the Leylandii."

It's the classic anti-gunner fantasy. Yes, because I have a handgun, I am going to start an arms race with my neighbors and end up with a nuke. Pure idiocy.

Ask him about us having to send personal guns over in WWII because they lost all theirs.

Top Bottom