• ...and so much more!
  • Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Hello,

I live in the Fishers/Noblesville area and am searching for local indoor and outdoor gun ranges.

Right now I shoot at Pop Gun's indoors, but it is a 40 minute drive for me and sometimes there is a line for the range.

Does anyone know of another indoor range in the area?

Also, how about outdoor ranges? I've heard of the Hamilton County Fish and Game Club (outdoor ranges) in Noblesville.

Any recommendations or info would be appreciated.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Indiana Gun Club

I know them well. The Indiana Gun Club is only about 5 minutes from my house, but they do not have a pistol range there. I think it's all "sporting clays" and shotgun use.

That would be a great place for an indoor range.

I'll keep searching :)

HoosierShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Shelby
    I also shoot at Eagle Creek, I just wish they allowed centerfire rifles. I go to Atterbury or my buddy's property for that and either is a long drive.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    While it might not be the closest, I do a lot of shooting at the New Castle DNR range. They have five 25 and five 50 yard ranges. I wish they had a shorter pistol range, but at least it is FREE!

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    The pistol range is silly. I think it's good practice but I doubt many pistol fights occur at those ranges. You can't beat free but the range is a dump if you ask me. Haven't been there in a year so maybe things have changed?

I wish they had a shorter pistol range, but at least it is FREE!

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    We need a world class indoor range here in Indy! Heck to go 3-4 months without shooting is Un-American!:do2:

blainepoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 25, 2008
    Hamiltonian
    there is reason for optimism in this department...

I spoke to the son of the owner of Wyatt's Guns in Cicero which is a very small shop w/ seemingly nice guys in it. According to the son (who helps run the shop) they will be breaking ground on a whole new building at their current lot and it will have a 25yd indoor 7-lane range. It should be completed by the fall sometime. I live in the Noblesville/Westfield area and I can see an annual membership coming on....I can't wait...:thumbsup:
    ~Joe

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I spoke to the son of the owner of Wyatt's Guns in Cicero which is a very small shop w/ seemingly nice guys in it. According to the son (who helps run the shop) they will be breaking ground on a whole new building at their current lot and it will have a 25yd indoor 7-lane range. It should be completed by the fall sometime. I live in the Noblesville/Westfield area and I can see an annual membership coming on....I can't wait...:thumbsup:
    ~Joe
    I heard the same optomistic refrain from Wyatt's staff back in June. Range was supposed to open in March. I checked back just before the holidays and I was told sometime this summer. Now, you're reporting 'next fall'.

The area indicated to me looked mighty small for a range of any size.

I think they're having dificulty with several issues. Space, zoning, permits, financing, etc. I'm not holding my breath.

HoosierShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2008
    Shelby
    I'm headed out to Eagle Creek tomorrow. They're closed to the public for the winter, but IMPD use the range during the week. I heard gun fire out there this evening and I'm getting anxious to shoot some paper! :draw:

PistolPete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    BroadRipple
    That's good info. I have a membership at Pop's but I have to drive from BroadRipple. I think it is a wash from my house to Pop's or to Eagle Creek. I do work pretty close to Eagle Creek though.

Thickburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Do any of you guys shoot the steel matches at eagle creek on those second fridays?

there are no steel matches at eagle creek because of liability. but the range is open on friday nights to the public.

and unfortunately they raised the rate of the range to $20/day. blame the city for that and not the ppl that run the range. but that is for the day and you can come and go as you please for that $20 fee.

Top Bottom