• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    So i moved from IL about a year ago and had my FOID card and purchased many guns while living there. In IL there is a 2 day wait on purchases. I never had a issue when they ran my NICS that i know of but maybe cause there was already a wait is why they never said anything. So yesterday i purchased my first gun in Indiana from a dealer. I did not realize that when u buy one here u can just leave with it the same day as long as u clear the NICS. I was all excited when the sales man told me this. Then he comes back and says sorry u did not clear u will have to wait 3 days or so. We will call u. Does anyone know why i would get held up like this and has it happen to u? I was thinking maybe cause the whole IL IN resident changing thing and first purchase in Indiana. Let me know what u think.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I doubt it has to do with the change of residence. It could be a number of things, including someone with the same name or similar.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but if I recall you've made comments in other threads about past legal issues. I'd reckon that may have something to do with the delay.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I have seen and suffered glitches with the system for years. Since that point in time that I had a DoD rapidgate background check run, I have never had a problem.

JAW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2013
    Spencerville
    My brother in law sometimes gets put on hold, but most of the time he doesn't. One time he got the call of approval within a hour or two.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Yeah i never had a issue in IL but they had a mandotory wait and like i said maybe they never told me. I awsume it will be fine in next couple of days because i think if u get denied it is usually instant and ive never been denied b4.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I've been delayed once. It definitely did not appeal to my impatience and need for instant gratification, but I survived. The shop said it was likely an issue with the NICS system as they had experienced a much higher than normal number of delays that day.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I awsume it will be fine in next couple of days because i think if u get denied it is usually instant and ive never been denied b4.

I have a co-worker who was delayed then denied. He's currently working with Kirk Freeman to get his rights reinstated. If that is what you need to do, I would NOT recommend using Mr. Freeman. Nearly a year has passed since he started working on it and seems no progress has been made.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    I can not see why i would be denied. All my criminal background is from when i was a kid and none of it was a felony. I have bought a ton of guns in IL and if they are selling me them with there communisim i would think IN would not have a problem with me. Im not really worried about getting denied i was more just thinking it was weird i got a hold at all. And is Kirk a lawyer?

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    freeman

I have a co-worker who was delayed then denied. He's currently working with Kirk Freeman to get his rights reinstated. If that is what you need to do, I would NOT recommend using Mr. Freeman. Nearly a year has passed since he started working on it and seems no progress has been made.

Without turning this into a personal character assasination perhaps if Kirk spend less time authoring and responding to thoussand of posts on here he could devote more time to expiditing the outcome.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    As someone who has had to deal with multiple government agencies, I can confirm that requests and petitions may take a significant time to resolve through no fault of the petitioner or their agent(s).
    Also having worked for a government agency (and having had the opportunity to see how other related agencies work) some have a culture that focuses on bureaucracy, processes, and/or avoiding the blame that takes priority over customer satisfaction.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

This reminds me of a great story. I was a recruiter for the military and a good friend of mine brought his 21 year old son to see me. After dad left, we discussed drug use, law violations and other issues. There was absolutely NOTHING I could do for the kid, so I dismissed him. He said he didn't want to join anyway - whatever.

a month later my friend sent me a nasty email saying his son said I never called back, and was unresponsive and AS A RESULT he would not be joining! Because of privacy laws all I could do was say, I tried everything I could.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Without turning this into a personal character assasination perhaps if Kirk spend less time authoring and responding to thoussand of posts on here he could devote more time to expiditing the outcome.

too late really.... I think this is out of line.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

And you know for a fact Mr Freeman is sitting on his hands and that the delays have nothing to do with beurocracy? If so I'd love to hear it.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    WOW! That's all I can say, Kirk gives FREE pointers, not legal advice, but FREE, heads up no BS info if asked! Maybe he is busy, maybe he is off on a do not carry AIWB crusade? But the last thing he is, is a slacker, the man may be busy?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have bought dozens of guns that went through NICS, last month, they put me on hold for the full 3 days. Then I bought one this week and it sailed right through.

Top Bottom