• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Haven't seen a thread like this, so here we go. Post your firearm-related unpopular opinions here. Feel strongly about something that most would disagree with?

I'll start - I really like Fobus holsters. I've owned several and they are my go-to OWB holsters. They're affordable and well made. I've never had a single issue with any of them, function or reliability. With the right belt and placement, you can avoid the "flopping" that most people talk about. I also like the feedback of the snap when the gun is placed in the holster. I just like them.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    CC VS. OC, especially when the participants are safe, legal, licenced, responsibe folks that actively carry handguns for personal protection. This argument is pure gold for the anti-gun crowd.................divide and conquer.

The "this gun VS. that gun" is Ok as long as it's friendly ball busting and not gun snobbery.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i don't like colts, overpriced!, hard to find, only owned one, and it was at colt's factory longer than it was in my house!

i wouldn't buy any colt made after 1980!,and if was made before 1980, id have to get a hullva good price!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We should give up pretending that ARs weren't invented to hurt and kill more people faster and more reliably....because it was.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    The opinion that 2A is clearly written and unambiguous, is easily understood, and that anyone who has a different interpretation is an idiot.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I've got one, that I'm still working on a fully-formed opinion, that has come up a few times. As a matter of principle, I do not believe that personal property rights extend without limit to property used for public commerce, particularly with respect to infringing the right to keep and bear arms.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The word "Platform" should be banned from use on INGO

I think there's a place for a weapon platform (think AR-15, or 10/22 - both have an entire cottage industry around customization/modification using standardized components - i.e. a platform). My pet peeve is "weapon system".

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I thought they had to be opinions that you actually hold an believe? Not just examples of crazy.

Great example,it even seems unpopular :)

As for my unpopular opinion.It is that the Federal Reserve,the notes the federal reserve act created,and the machinations that sprung up to support that system are in direct conflict with the constitution and congress is/was complicit in giving up the power to control our currency and coin at the federal level,instead giving that power to a private corporation that is in fact the only corporation on earth with a 6% dividend guaranteed by law...on money they create out of nothing.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'd be all for removing the notion of "incorporation" with regards to constitutional law and letting the chips fall where they may with regards to 2A rights at the state level. I believe the price is too high and we're moving, one court decision at a time, towards the tyranny many think is being fixed at the state levels. I believe, with recent set backs in places like Co, NY, Conn, etc. notwithstanding, the states "are getting it" when it comes to restoring 2A liberties.

Top Bottom