• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I haven't been watching ammo prices lately, but that caught my eye. Not bad for new and brass case. Plus it is in stock.

If I didn't roll my own 9mm I would be all over it. I think there is a group buy going on in the Indy area paying more than this.

The S&W 442 is also a good deal $349.

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    If I didn't roll my own 9mm I would be all over it. I think there is a group buy going on in the Indy area paying more than this.

Elk county??? Anyone around here have LRN 9mm bullets at a good price?? I haven't reloaded in years. Probably have 3-4k of cases to load. What is a good price any more??? Is Len's any good? I haven't been there since he quit selling firearms.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Elk county??? Anyone around here have LRN 9mm bullets at a good price?? I haven't reloaded in years. Probably have 3-4k of cases to load. What is a good price any more??? Is Len's any good? I haven't been there since he quit selling firearms.

Len is just Len. He has too many limits and lack of stock for me. I buy Dillon stuff if I need it now and don't want to order it. I prefer Granger Guns for supplies.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I picked up a Mossberg 590 A1 a couple weeks ago with factory fiber front sight with ghost ring in the rear from Ryan, aka Hooserdood, from Midwest. It's a beast. Paid a little over $420 for it. Very sweet gun. And a very good deal.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    You don't think the M&P-15 Sport and the 9mm is a decent buy?:dunno:

$550 is what I paid for my S&W M&P-15 sport in NC last Oct. The 9mm is about a fair deal that you can find on the internet. The S&W 442 is a pretty good deal, $450 is about the cheapest you are going to find that for.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    $550 is what I paid for my S&W M&P-15 sport in NC last Oct. The 9mm is about a fair deal that you can find on the internet. The S&W 442 is a pretty good deal, $450 is about the cheapest you are going to find that for.

I prefer to buy local and support local gun shops especially if the price is the same. Its also about building a relationship for future purchases.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I prefer to buy local and support local gun shops especially if the price is the same. Its also about building a relationship for future purchases.

I do also, with common sense. When I bought my M&P-15 in NC, local prices where over $100 more. If the local price is much higher than the going price somewhere else I buy the at the other price. Just this past week I have seen prices between the same model Glocks vary by more than $50 just from around the shops in Central Indiana. And I have seen much greater variances in prices for like model revolvers - locally. I think its called competitive pricing? I support the LGS about 8S% of the time and often pay more than I can get it for elsewhere, when the difference is not significant. Like I said that is a good price on the S&W 442, that is a deal. I am not putting any shop down. Not every shop is going to be able to match the lowest price at another shop. I have my 3 favorite shops and that is where I do my business.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    They can get a bit busy at times but hey, I don't put myself above others when their needing help. Wait it out if I have to and take my turn. This seems to be the biggest complaint but in my eyes, not a valid one. Prices on sales are great and I've always had a great experience shopping there. They do try hard and that's all that matters.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    I do also, with common sense. When I bought my M&P-15 in NC, local prices where over $100 more. If the local price is much higher than the going price somewhere else I buy the at the other price. Just this past week I have seen prices between the same model Glocks vary by more than $50 just from around the shops in Central Indiana. And I have seen much greater variances in prices for like model revolvers - locally. I think its called competitive pricing? I support the LGS about 8S% of the time and often pay more than I can get it for elsewhere, when the difference is not significant. Like I said that is a good price on the S&W 442, that is a deal. I am not putting any shop down. Not every shop is going to be able to match the lowest price at another shop. I have my 3 favorite shops and that is where I do my business.

Little known fact - not all gun shops buy their guns from the same place. Some buy from distributors. Some can get a few brands direct from the manufacturer. Markup is 10-15%. Depending on what the shop paid for the gun, then marking up the price 15% would account for the price differences. That's why you don't see a lot of price matching among gun shops. Many will try to come as close as they can, but they have to make a profit to stay in business. Just FYI.

Top Bottom