?? Did Ohio change their laws ? Do they honor Indiana carry permit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    i have searched google and here and cant find it any place !

I heard at work today that Ohio has changed their laws and now honor our(Indiana) carry permits ,anybody else hear this and or read it ! link please?

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Since I often travel to Ohio myself - I've thought about printing out the actual law and highlighting the relevant portion. As much as I would like to think that Ohio LEO's are up to date on current laws, I wouldn't want to risk it.

Then on the off chance I get pulled over I could hand over my license, my pink card, and proof that what I'm saying is accurate.

Blindside

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2015
    Columbus
    I grew up in Ohio and go back to visit family quite a bit. When I first heard about the change and that I would be able to carry there I asked a LEO about it and he had no idea that I wasn't legally able to carry there with my Indiana license anyway. I found that kind of amusing. He continued to say that it wasn't his responsibility to know if I could legally carry or not and that it was my responsibility as a license holder to know where and when I could carry. I think that makes a bit of sense but as law enforcement you would think he would have some idea.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    He said it wasn't his responsibility to know the law in his state?

I think that is likely true everywhere. There are way too many laws for an officer to know and understand. I'd guess there is just as much confusion and rumor within the police forces as there is here on this board. I would assume they've all taken some classes before becoming an officer but like in the general population, some did well in class and others needed help to pass. I am sure they all know the laws they deal with everyday but probably not much beyond that.
    I not bashing, just realistic as there are so freaking many laws on the books.

Matt

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    "There oughta be a law!" I think some of us are finally beginning to see that the answer to that is, Not necessarily. This RFRA debacle has made us ALL look like fools, and I think some are beginning to understand that even more than they protect us, every new law binds us.

Top Bottom