• BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not at stealing.
    Not good at maintaining guns.
    Not good at lawyering.

[video=youtube;xkvvK3NExQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=328&v=xkvvK3NExQA[/video]

The interesting thing is note how quickly the attack occurs. Even knowing he's about to pull a gun, you'd have about two seconds to respond once he starts to reach, less than a second if you just reacted to him starting to draw.

Speed matters, folks, and it matters a lot.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    His major malfunction? Probably that he's a career societal predator. He steals to get what he wants, he kills to get away with it. He probably thought he was going to win that gunfight. Win it in all probability with a stolen weapon that he'd never practiced with.

I noticed that he asked for a bench trial...probably didn't want to face 12 'peers' (could you really find the folks who were his peers to fill a jury booth?) unanimously judging him to be a complete idiot and guilty as heck. It's too bad he now wins room and board for the next 70 years.

And yes, speed is in many cases critical. The first shot on target is often the only one that matters.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    TTherereQUOTE=BehindBlueI's;5863635]Not at stealing.
    Not good at maintaining guns.
    Not good at lawyering.

[video=youtube;xkvvK3NExQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=328&v=xkvvK3NExQA[/video]

The interesting thing is note how quickly the attack occurs. Even knowing he's about to pull a gun, you'd have about two seconds to respond once he starts to reach, less than a second if you just reacted to him starting to draw.

Speed matters, folks, and it matters a lot.[/QUOTE]
    There is no such thing as a routine traffic stop. Spooky stuff but its nice that some people are not good at anything..

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have screwed a pistol into someone's ear twice. And gave very specific instructions to the perp. I won't repeat what I said here. The prosecutor did in open court though. The Judge laughed.

I have been a gentle, kind person since 2006.

Routine traffic stop? Why the hell do they keep using that phrase? There is no such thing.

Glad they survived. Things are getting tough.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I wonder if the picture of the hi point was a stock photo (in which case it's ironic they picked that photo for the jammed gun) or it was the photo of the actual pistol the perp used (in which case it makes sense). Also, something about the way reporter Randy Travis mimics clearing a pistol malfunction makes me think he is familiar with the process.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I wonder if the picture of the hi point was a stock photo (in which case it's ironic they picked that photo for the jammed gun) or it was the photo of the actual pistol the perp used (in which case it makes sense). Also, something about the way reporter Randy Travis mimics clearing a pistol malfunction makes me think he is familiar with the process.

Don't know but what I do know is the criminal element is for some reason drawn to the cheap junky guns. And for that reason we should be thankful

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    That guy's ability to think rationally is totally gone, and probably has been for a very long time. Totally irrational, but then again, if the shooter had been rational the whole incident would never have happened.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    See, everyone thinks that they can cross-examine. It took me years (and years) of actually practicing law before I was any good at it.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    I always keep both hands on the steering wheel and in clear vision of the officer when pulled over for speeding or whatever. I pull to the far right on the curb/shoulder and give the officer(s) plenty of room to approach between my vehicle and traffic. The only time I reach for anything including license and registration is while he's where he can see everything. I don't want anyone mistaking any move on my part as aggressive or unclear - not ever. I don't want LEO to be uncomfortable, nor do I want to end up mistaken as trouble.

On a positive note - good for him representing himself. That turned out swell.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That reminds me its time to take a refresher on close quarters unarmed combat. That happened so fast the only possible option I would have had was wrestling for control of the gun. Not at all sure I could contol him enough one handed to draw.

Top Bottom