• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive said it before, and I'll say it again. This is not about guns. Its a ruse. They just want an excuse that nobody can say anything bad about... They REALLY dont care about your gun, otherwise they would be buying wands and searching your person, hiring armed security, etc.

Its all about the snacks. They are losing money because we arent buying their snacks with triple digit percentage markups. $5 for a teeny box of popcorn? $5 for a soft drink that you get at a fast food restaurant for a buck (and they still make tons on that). Getting snacks shouldnt double the cost of your trip. Eating DINNER at the theater like at a brew pub, yes. but not popcorn and coke.

This isnt about our safety. This is about their bottom line. Period.

Now if the shooters had been carrying in guns in bags, MAYBE I would buy into their story. Im not buying it. And Im also not buying their tickets nor their snacks.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ive said it before, and I'll say it again. This is not about guns. Its a ruse. They just want an excuse that nobody can say anything bad about... They REALLY dont care about your gun, otherwise they would be buying wands and searching your person, hiring armed security, etc.

Its all about the snacks. They are losing money because we arent buying their snacks with triple digit percentage markups. $5 for a teeny box of popcorn? $5 for a soft drink that you get at a fast food restaurant for a buck (and they still make tons on that). Getting snacks shouldnt double the cost of your trip. Eating DINNER at the theater like at a brew pub, yes. but not popcorn and coke.

Now if the shooters had been carrying in guns in bags, MAYBE I would buy into their story. Im not buying it. And Im also not buying their tickets nor their snacks.

I try and take the G-daughter to Matinees so the tickets are less. After a $28 hit at the snack stand (or more) I agree.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Looks good on tv, also keeps the corporate lawyers and insurance carriers on low sweat.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I take my kids to Target down the road from our theater to get "Quiet" snacks and some drinks before the show.
    It's amazing how much candy I can fit down my pants plus the taffy is easier to chew once it's warmed up. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oh I believe they mistakingly believe they are doing something to enhance safety. It may have the parallel effect of discouraging outside refreshments but with the recent shootings, I don't doubt they felt like if they didn't "do something" even more people might decide to quit going to the movies. A quick search of a purse or backpack might spot an AR pistol or the like. But if I were to conceal a couple of pistols with extra mags, I bet I could do it so that, when a rush of people are trying to get in for start time, a quick check by some ticket-taker would never see them.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I take my kids to Target down the road from our theater to get "Quiet" snacks and some drinks.
    It's amazing how much candy I can fit down my pants plus the taffy is easier to chew once it's warmed up. :)

I wonder if this is how Jared Fogle got his dates to get in the van... :popcorn:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I take my kids to Target down the road from our theater to get "Quiet" snacks and some drinks before the show.

Jared Fogle did that too. It's the reason he kept his fat pants. "There's a treat inside!"

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?

Taught my boys how to discretely tuck a 20 oz. Coke under their armpits along time ago!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I wonder if the security persons checking for firearms being smuggled into a victim rich area realize that in the event of an active shooter about to begin, they will be the first victims?

Someone wanting to do a mass theater shooting isn't going to think twice of taking out the bag checker first.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    James Holmes put on his bullet proof gear behind the theater and then entered the theater through the back door that he had walked out of minutes before.

He killed 12 and wounded 70. HE didn't buy any snack s either but he did buy his ticket online and walked in through the front door. A check of his purse would not have stopped that massacre. However, maybe just one single person in that theater with a legally owned gun could have.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am with camera monkey, I am sure that the money made on snacks had to factor in. I myself wound't go to some place I couldn't get a gun in either, but that won't mean they will loose much money sadly.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010

$5? That's cheap.

Besides, I don't carry a bag for them to check. Neither does my wife. We stash the cheap snacks and drinks in jacket pockets and my firearm is in its holster on my belt.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I know theater snacks and drinks are ridiculously expensive, but I can honestly say I've never snuck any in (but then again I've only been to 2 movies in probably the last 15 years or so). Would those of you that say you sneak yours in do the same if you went to a bar? Sneak in a 6-pack, or maybe a pint of whiskey or vodka? I'm guessing (hoping) you wouldn't, but isn't it the same thing?

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I know theater snacks and drinks are ridiculously expensive, but I can honestly say I've never snuck any in (but then again I've only been to 2 movies in probably the last 15 years or so). Would those of you that say you sneak yours in do the same if you went to a bar? Sneak in a 6-pack, or maybe a pint of whiskey or vodka? I'm guessing (hoping) you wouldn't, but isn't it the same thing?

It's not the same thing. You go to a bar you are there to buy a drink, at a theater you're paying to see a movie. Snacks are optional. Besides, if they didn't charge so much for snacks and drinks I'd buy from them.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I don't think it is about th snacks. Just a way to make Libby the soccer mom feel better and make the corporate lawyer in charge of liability happy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I don't think it is about th snacks. Just a way to make Libby the soccer mom feel better and make the corporate lawyer in charge of liability happy.

Meh. When we hear reports of ushers overlooking bags of twizzlers while "looking for weapons" then I will agree with you.

Top Bottom