• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jasonh31

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    North Manchester
    Anybody else's Wal-mart no longer going to be selling ARs? Went in today guy behind counter said this is the last one they are gonna have. I bought it a Bushmaster ORC for $428 out the door which is about 55% off what they had it listed for.

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Never believe anything the guy behind the counter at Walmart tells you.

also never shop at Walmart, but I'm not winning any converts on that one around here.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I submit: if a specific Walmart is making a reasonable profit on selling anything (ARs included), they will continue to sell them. When that ceases to be the case, they will stop selling them. If the situation changes, they'll sell them again.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    This is the rumor I heard as well, a buddy of mine that lives here in Indy went to a couple of the "out of town" wally's looking for Colt 6920's, supposedly they were being clearanced for $499.00
    I'm waiting for them to show up in the classifieds for the standard price of $1000.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Unless I need something right f'ing now I don't shop at Walmart, which is literally around the corner and down the street. Except for ammo.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Yup the local WM did the same thing here also. They sold new DPMS sportacle for $250, and their "tactical" shot guns as well they sold the Mossberg 930 for $225 and had the same price listed above on the Bushmaster and Colt they had in stock.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Heard that they were stop going to sell "tactical" firearms (damn dangerous black guns) but were going to keep selling hunting firearms. FWIW though, I do my damndest not to set foot in wallyworld hell.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I can see some puke at WM headquarters, knowing nothing of firearms, looking at pictures, saying "this one looks OK and this one looks OK, but that one looks mean so we'll discontinue it". Idiots!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    If you have one close, you might think about using Rural King for clays. I picked up a box the other night for $5.99 instead of $9.99 like Walmart sells them for. Same Champion clays, 90 count.

^^This^^ I bought some the other day also, when winter time sales come around you can also get them for $5 a box. Stock up at those prices and you're good to go!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have no idea where the nearest Rural King is. Crawfordsville I think.

Depending on time and distance, it may be cheaper overall for you to get them at Walmart. If you're ever near one though, remember they're cheaper. I don't have one super close, but there is one across the street from a restaurant the GF and I like to eat at once a month or so and I tend to stop in when we eat there.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is the rumor I heard as well, a buddy of mine that lives here in Indy went to a couple of the "out of town" wally's looking for Colt 6920's, supposedly they were being clearanced for $499.00
    I'm waiting for them to show up in the classifieds for the standard price of $1000.
    Yeah same here (waiting). Even though I have found them online for less than $650. People are stupid if they pay $1000 for a new colt 6920

Top Bottom