• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Really love this rifle. Put a Wild West trigger on it a few years back, and the difference is amazing. Finally got a Skinner peep sight and front sight and did some sighting in work this weekend. Had to get a taller front sight because it shot way too high with the original (with the Skinner rear bottomed out).

Trying for a zero at 50 yards, and with the rear peep raised two a half turns (I think) I was shooting on average about 5" low. Did the measurements and calculations, took .06" off the front sight, and it came right in to shoot point of aim at 50 yds. I was pleased.

I have to say, with my old eyes, the peep is much better than the original sights, but I'm still doing a little bit of guessing among the combination of blurs out at 50 yards with a 3" bulls eye. After awhile, I tend to understand the picture and think I'm doing ok.

The rifle does well enough with Magtech 240 gr. jacketed soft nose, but I'm going to slug the barrel next and go down that road, just because.

Top Bottom