NWI

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    For once the progressives get it right.

Republicans Say You Should Be Able To Carry Guns Everywhere. This Proves They Don't Mean It. | ThinkProgress

I understand the NRA rents private property and must abide by the owners wishes, but if I was planning an event in a large city I would approach the property owners in advance to get them to consider the fact that we were bringing in a lot of revenue and desired to be able to carry.

NRA does not equal Republican.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    They do have a point, but in some ways they are really stretching for things that are beyond the control of those they are accusing.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    Lol. I clicked on a reference in the article and it went to a different article that used Everytown for its "facts" about mass shootings in gun free zones. I will just go bang my head agianst the wall for a while...

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Do these progressives think enough to know the difference between government prohibitions and private property rights?

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The photo of the sign to Bush's presidential library references a federal regulation. If that building is governed by the feds and is a GFZ as dictated by federal law, then they need to talk to the feds rather than blame Bush.

NRA Events- Though the National Rifle Association said gun-free zones “encourage criminals and psychopaths,” the group held some of its annual meeting events in Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena, which bans weapons. The year prior, the NRA held events in Indianapolis’ Lucas Oil Stadium, another gun-free zone.

I thought the NRA was permitted to permit folks to carry their guns to these events...or am I mistaken?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Are these progressives think enough to know the difference between government prohibitions and private property rights?
    Yes, but the temptation to ignore all that for a "Gotcha!!" moment was likely too good to resist.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The photo of the sign to Bush's presidential library references a federal regulation. If that building is governed by the feds and is a GFZ as dictated by federal law, then they need to talk to the feds rather than blame Bush.

I thought the NRA was permitted to permit folks to carry their guns to these events...or am I mistaken?

See...notice the spin...

Assuming Snopes got this right, the convention, itself was not a gun free zone. The concert, at the arena was. Not because of the NRA but because of the owner of the arena. But it makes a good bullet item for when you want to discredit your oponent.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/nraban.asp

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009

The actual convention was at the convention center. The concert was lucas oil stadium. Carry was allowed at the convention center. I don't know about 'los'. Just goes to show that these 'progressives' have, as usual, gotten ahead of themselves with their 'facts'.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yes. Ive seen this misdirection several times. I believe both in Indy and Nashville, the ACTUAL convention was NOT a GFZ. The concert itself WAS in both cases. The NRA makes it a point that their members can exercise their rights when they choose a host venue.

Those pesky facts... they get in the way constantly.

Top Bottom