Whats the best shooting range within 12 hour drive from Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    Looking for the best shooting range to visit for impromptu getaway...imperative that it has mixed shooting disciplines and would love to find one with more a tactical oriented range. Something with moving targets or move and gun outdoor range.....

Camping onsite or nearby would be great, but the combat oriented range is most important thing...

Class...anyone, anyone?

LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    Talladega looks like a must visit. However not open mon or tues...so, maybe i can get a route thru oak ridge tn...Still havent found info on any tactical range (w/movement). Visualize something like the ficitional fbi shooting course on the start of point break:)....keanu reeves...in the rain of course

LINEOFDEFENSE

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    LAFAYETTE, IN
    I always like Oak Ridge, TN. I heard the Talladega range is really something, but I have never been there.

OK, oakridge looks like a definate place to try enroute to talladega. HOWEVER, they say it takes 60 to 90 days to become a member? Unless, you come with a member...so, who knows a member? One with a good sense of humor as I throw hailmarys on the 1000 yard range...but, beggars cant be choosy. Please text me their info (a heads up to them would be also much appreciated:) 7654272772

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was never a member at Oak Ridge. I always shot registered Highpower and Palma, and IHMSA matches at that course, where membership is not required. I would pre register as a member of the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association. Great people there, very friendly.

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    The NRA range in Fairfax VA is within that limit. Very nice place to shoot, and you can also visit the NRA museum, which is well worth doing. And while at it, stay West of Fairfax over clsoe to Front Royal, and you can enjoy the scenic Shenandoah Valley and Blue Ridge Mountains.

Top Bottom