43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Tri-State Gun Shows
    Stout Field Armory, Minnesota and Holt Road on Indy's west side
    Admission: $6.00
    (kids under 12 are free)
    FREE PARKING
    FREE COFFEE

It's a smaller show but for $6 it's not a bad time. I've gotten some decent deals there. At the last show there was a guy selling new DPMS AR-15's for $450.
    This is the same show that is on Black Friday.

newdave61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2015
    Avon
    I've got a family function to attend Saturday (I'm in charge of the home made ice cream). Probably be Sunday for me.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    How small is small?
    Was thinking about maybe making the drive to go but reckon maybe not.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    How small is small?
    Was thinking about maybe making the drive to go but reckon maybe not.

Roughly the same size as any of the other shows you typically see around the area, other than the Indy 1500. I have always found it to be one of the better ones regarding content and pricing. It is usually pretty much all gun related rather than fudge and jewelry, and the dealers do seem to actually want to sell some items. Usually worth it if you aren't driving too far and aren't looking for anything too exotic. Hope that helps.

funkeecowboy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    Marion County
    Not much selling going on this morning at the show, I overheard a number of sellers complaining about the turnout and that no one was buying. I certainly wasn't buying when I saw prices.... Ouch. A table or two had fair prices on some new guns but 90% of the used guns were significantly overpriced.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I saw a few things I thought about buying, but somehow, when I walked in, I got really frugal all of a sudden. Usually just the opposite happens! :):

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Thanks for the input. Glad I went grocery shopping instead and made baked pasta with meat balls and garlic bread.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Didn't find the rifle I wanted but did meet some friends and bought a couple of small items. Overall not a bad way to spend a rainy Saturday morning.

newdave61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2015
    Avon
    I was there today around 9:00. Pretty dead. I bought a IWB holster for my 38 and got to meet the Owner of Indy Arms Co., Rick Cass, and his son.

We spoke for a while about his new range and some of his plans for the future. He's pondering on establishing an outdoor range nearby with 1,000 yd capabilities. That would be pretty awesome. I'd love to have somewhere to let my K31 stretch it's legs.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    We spoke for a while about his new range and some of his plans for the future. He's pondering on establishing an outdoor range nearby with 1,000 yd capabilities. That would be pretty awesome. I'd love to have somewhere to let my K31 stretch it's legs.

Just 3 words:
    Oh
    Hell
    Yes!!!

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    I was there Sat.afternoon,(70 mi drive)--2 rooms-------very clean,well lighted,not crowded------found some Federal .22 TARGET ammo, at 48.00 pr Brick----"GREAT PRICE"---I saw some dealers buying it.......
    Bought some cast bullets(used them before--better than stuff from XXXXXXX Arms Co.)

Talked to one dealer that was very proud of his firearm display--------mostly used--"NO DISCOUNT--ON ANYTHING--PERIOD"

Was it worth the drive ???? nahhhhhh,not this time

tallend

Top Bottom