• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Harlen Metzger passed away not long ago, he was a tremendous gun collector and supporter of the local Friends of NRA committee. The first of what will be several estate auctions is tomorrow in Evansville.

Here is a link: http://sohnandassociates.com/upcomi...&group=0&state=&kwd=&zip=&category=0&nojava=0

Lots of high end rifles and shotguns, average long guns and pistols and a CRAP ton OF MAGAZINES AND AMMO. L

silent auction items include a flat of a dozen or so German bakelite 5.45 ak mags. another flat has a similar number of steel Chinese .223 mags. Cases of .223, 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 ammo and lots more.

Online bidding is almost reasonable for now, but the last couple auctions have had both good bargains and some high prices. If it's a newer handgun, it will likely sell for new or more. I don't even shoot 5.45x39 but I put in a silent auction bid on the bakelite mags just the same. These seem to go for $45-$60 each and I can see getting them for a lot less.

I have no affiliation with this company and have no skin in this game.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Checked it out on the internet. Some things went for big bucks. I think that people just get caught up in the excitement of auction rush and loose their common sense.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    While some items went high, overall prices were good. Great deals on EAA, Tanfolio, Arkus CZ & Sig clones. Unfired NIB Polish tantal with wire folder and 5 bakelite mags for under $600 iirc. I snagged a bunch of 7.62x39mm ammo for $0.15/round, a half dozen Chinese AK mags for less than $7.00 each and several 20 rnd Hungarian mags for $6.00 each.

The next two auctions from the estate should be wild. This one cleared out the cheap stuff.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I slept through the first part and woke up in the middle of firearms. No joy on a Para P12, but I don't think that many people know what a Daewoo DP51 is.

Top Bottom