• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I purchased a few things from a fella locally and he gave me this poor old gun that went through a F4 tornado in a gun safe and it destroyed it. Is it worth saving? Or is it firewood and drainage pipe now? I got the lock as well, he said the lock wasn't to that rifle he just had it from another parts lot. The lock for the destroyed rifle is MIA.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    An interesting project that when you are done will make an interesting wall hanger.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Yeah, from all I've read about that style of rifle, MOST of those "old" Turkish looking "camel guns" are actually produced in the past 20 or so years, maybe as much as 50 years old, but still not worth crap.
    Most are cheap repo's designed and produced to look old for the tourist trade.

Many were/are unsafe to shoot, even when whole.

It would be neat if you could repair/replace the stock, incorporate the mis-matched lock, and maybe throw in a few other oddities.
    Then when people ask about it you could really have some fun with them.

Might be interesting to see what some self-proclaimed "gun expert" might have to say about it.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I've always thought a jezail would make a funky decoration. Good luck with your project and thanks for the photos.

I was in Turkey just under a year ago and I looked around at some of the upper end antique dealers for this style of jezail but the shipping was terrible. I was looking at about $175 to ship it back to the states plus the $325 to $500 for the two that I found. I have one now but it's a little rough haha

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    Yeah, from all I've read about that style of rifle, MOST of those "old" Turkish looking "camel guns" are actually produced in the past 20 or so years, maybe as much as 50 years old, but still not worth crap.
    Most are cheap repo's designed and produced to look old for the tourist trade.

Many were/are unsafe to shoot, even when whole.

It would be neat if you could repair/replace the stock, incorporate the mis-matched lock, and maybe throw in a few other oddities.
    Then when people ask about it you could really have some fun with them.

Might be interesting to see what some self-proclaimed "gun expert" might have to say about it.

It seemed a bit "touristy" because the inlay is bone and not pearl, but there is a bunch of corrosion and residue around the flash hole.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    My personal opinion?

Thank god for that tornado, what a gracious soul it had to come along and put that rifle out of it's misery.

-Nate

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    If you decide it is trash, I will take it. I rather enjoy projects like that. The lock has markings reflective of the famous East India Company, it is a fitting replacement.

Top Bottom