• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krizzz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I'm stuck in the People's Republic of Illinois, and the closest gun club, that has the flexibility I am looking for, is over 100 miles from my house. A quick jaunt over the border would be a lot quicker.

However...I am looking for something that is not common among ranges. I want a three gun range, but flexibility in how you use the spaces. For example, if one of the bays is open, you can setup multiple targets and do movement scenarios, firing from prone, behind cover, holster draw, reloading, etc.

Example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcUMA1iqR30

Almost every range/gun club that I look into is very rigid, and its very basic "stand behind this line and shoot at the paper in front of you".

Any advice on a range/club that might allow stuff like this?

Thanks!

krizzz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    You are welcome to drive all the way to Logansport...we are very open to 3 gun and the type of practice you want to do as well as being a very inexpensive range to join...

I appreciate the offer, 451, but that's even farther from me. =)

I'm hoping I get lucky and there's something near the Valpo area, or not too far beyond.

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    winamac fish and wildlife area has a great free range that I frequent often. Nice range, with 25/50/100/200yd ranges. Check it out if it's within your desired distance (30 mins from valpo).

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Winimac I'd a nice free range but they will not allow any shooting other than from the bench and targets have to be on back stop...can't use free standing targets (USPSA style)

There is a great range just north of Rochester...the old guy who owns it is a legend. His daughter runs it. They like to talk smack and have fun...and in case you wonder, yes, they are both bad a $$ with a full house .44 mag revolver

His range has a bit of everything ...small daily range fee...

Top Bottom