• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mini-14

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 30, 2008
    New Palestine,In
    Found this on another site.Thought it was good for a laugh.
    Alas, Another Wal-Mart Episode...
    I know these Wal-Mart stories get a bit redundant, but I had a good laugher at a Wal-Mart in North Phoenix yesterday. I stopped in to get just a bottle of cleaning solvent because my local store was out of it (they never seem to restock quickly). Anyway, I had trouble finding the sporting goods gun section in the store, as it has been relegated to a very small area in the corner of the store, and they no longer sell firearms there. I found my solvent, and asked the employee why the gun section had been reduced to such a small size. She said, “It’s because of the war.” I responded with, “Pardon?” She said, “Wal-Mart can’t sell guns and supplies like they used to because it’s all going over to fight the war in Iraq.” So, now we all know the big secret about this…and it’s George Bush’s fault too, dog gone it!
    user_offline.gif

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    They have discontinued Gun Sales in all but the top 10 stores in each region. My wife worked for them for 10 yrs and still has friends at the Plainfield store.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I just went to the new Walmart by my house, the one on LaFayette road. If you want shotgun shells, that's your place. If you want anything but shotgun shells, well you're **** out of luck.

I also stopped by the Meijer on 38th street, and they had a lot of empty slots in their ammo cabinet. Both stores are about useless for me.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I was told by Wal-Mart that the only 2 Wal-Marts in my Wal-Mart Region that still have gun sales are Terre Haute (US 41) and Seymour. Tried to have the Terre Haute gun manager order a rifle for me and he wasn't any help at all. Ended up finding the rifle elsewhere.

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    I just went to the new Walmart by my house, the one on LaFayette road. If you want shotgun shells, that's your place. If you want anything but shotgun shells, well you're **** out of luck.

I also stopped by the Meijer on 38th street, and they had a lot of empty slots in their ammo cabinet. Both stores are about useless for me.

I'm lucky that the Wal-Mart and Meijer stores on East Washington St. still carry ammo.

younggun21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Still have them up in Muncie... not many though. They just downsized the whole sporting goods department.

-K

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Wally-World had boo-koo trouble properly filling out 4473's and keeping records. That was the biggest reason they stopped selling firearms, IIRC.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    ok i was wondering why the army had started handing out those H&R single shot 20ga's. I thought it was just to make it a more even fight over here. Guess I aint paid to think....

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Wally-World had boo-koo trouble properly filling out 4473's and keeping records. That was the biggest reason they stopped selling firearms, IIRC.

Yea this is why. Apparently when you pay someone $7.50 an hour they don't really care to much about how they do their job. :dunno:

Luckily the wife's grandfather works sporting goods for the Avon store, so I know when some stuff goes on clearance or on sale.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN

I was in that Meijer saturday... rip-off... went to Dick's and got my shells 2$ cheaper a box. Heh.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Ryan, I dont know what city you are in, but in Bloomington the MC Sports has better prices and selection than the Dick's. I hadn't even known that MC sports had guns, but I was bitching to the guy working the counter at dicks and he mentioned the competition. Prices were several bucks a box cheaper. Shame there isnt a gun store down here, or at least not one I've been able to find.:stickpoke:

clickclickboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Ryan, I dont know what city you are in, but in Bloomington the MC Sports has better prices and selection than the Dick's. I hadn't even known that MC sports had guns, but I was bitching to the guy working the counter at dicks and he mentioned the competition. Prices were several bucks a box cheaper. Shame there isnt a gun store down here, or at least not one I've been able to find.:stickpoke:

if you need ammo, hit up the army/ navy surplus store out by karst farm park. If you need a handgun. check out the pawn shop on 2nd street by sams's club. the pawn shop on college, and tomcat's on 17th also sell rifles.

clickclickboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    I heard from someone that the Keystone Ave store doesn't have handgun ammo any more. Anyone know if that is true?

Last time I was there, they still had a small selection. Hidden behind the counter towards the bottom. I was just buying some .22 ammo, and didn't pay much attention, but they still had some selection. I wouldn't be suprised if they were closing it out though. I would have asked but the hunch-back grump that is always back in sporting goods is not very friendly.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Ryan, I dint know what city you are in, but in Bloomington the MC Sports has better prices and selection than the Dick's. I hadn't even known that MC sports had guns, but I was bitching to the guy working the counter at dicks and he mentioned the competition. Prices were several bucks a box cheaper. Shame there isn't a gun store down here, or at least not one I've been able to find.:stickpoke:

There is/was a little known gun shop off of 3rd close to the RR tracks east of 37. It's in a warehouse section north side of the street. He has lots of long guns, ammo and some pistols. He was ordered to take his sign down (sign permits) Worth a look if you can find it.

Top Bottom