• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Indeed, prayers for the family, especially the newly widowed husband. (I am thankful that) I can't imagine what that poor man must be going through right now... and right before the two biggest family holidays of the year, too.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    A friend texted me yesterday and told me she was a student of his at Elkhart Christian School over 10 years ago. The young mother's (Amanda) father is the pastor at First Baptist Church in Elkhart. Quote from Amanda's husband, "We hold firm to the belief that God is still good, that He takes our tragedy and turns it into triumph, and that the best truly is yet to come." It's a strong family, and although painful, they will get through this. I keep shouting to everyone I know, have a gun in the house and make sure your wife and older kids are trained and know how to use it!

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    went to college with her. Didn't know her well, but she was in my class. Sad all around.

Sorry to here that historian. I'm finding more and more people with ties to the family. Certainly puts a different perspective on the situation. I see your from Muncie. We were just in Muncie a couple weeks ago. My son's soccer team played in the IACS soccer state tourney hosted by Heritage Hall Christian School.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A tragedy. Prayers for her and her family.

And in terms of catching whoever did this... this is one of those times I hate being a cynic. :(

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    It’s impossible to communicate all the emotions my heart has been forced to process. My wife was such a beautiful, gracious, loving woman of God. I have not only lost my ministry partner and support but also my very best friend. There is no way to prepare yourself for circumstances like these. As deeply as I am hurting I am hopeful and confident that good things will come of this. I rest in the truth of Romans 8:28 that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose.

Thank you for understanding my desire to take these next few days to continue to grieve for Amanda Grace. My focus right now is to let The Lord minister to my heart as I continue to shepherd little Weston’s. I’ll be taking this time to focus on being a great follower of Jesus, dad, family member, and pastor to our growing church.

Amanda made it her life’s calling to love and serve everyone she knew. Even more, she has made it her life’s mission to see as many people as possible come to know Jesus as their personal Savior. I know that in her death and legacy even more people will come to a saving faith in Christ. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt her desire for me would be to continue what we’ve started here in Indy. I hold firm to the belief that God is still good, that He takes our tragedy and turns it into triumph, and that the best truly is yet to come.

-Davey Blackburn

Statement from Davey Blackburn | Resonate Church

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Very sad to hear and prayers to the family.

This is what we do.
    1) wrought iron storm doors at every entrance, first line of defense.
    2) 85lb Pit bull that loves us, second line of defense. His favorite toy is a 12lb bowling ball and he does chew on it.
    3) I carry all day, third line of defense.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    Sorry to here that historian. I'm finding more and more people with ties to the family. Certainly puts a different perspective on the situation. I see your from Muncie. We were just in Muncie a couple weeks ago. My son's soccer team played in the IACS soccer state tourney hosted by Heritage Hall Christian School.

Yeah. Our daughter goes there and that is our church.

Fundy circles are generally very small.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yeah. Our daughter goes there and that is our church.

Fundy circles are generally very small.

Indeed...though as I can see First Baptist Church, Hammond from my window, would quibble with the use of the term "fundy" in this situation, but I digress.

I am a graduate of Elkhart Baptist Christian School (now Elkhart Christian Academy) and my older sister taught there for over a decade starting a couple of years after I graduated. My sister was her 4th grade teacher. Also, friends of ours have children that live down in Indy and who go to the church they are in. It's amazing how many 2d degree connections there are in some communities.

...but I believe that it's a a good community to belong to in times like these.

The prayers will continue.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I hope they find the criminal who did this. The coroner ruled it a homicide. It has since been disclosed that that she was shot in the back of the head.

Pastor?s pregnant wife shot, killed in home | WISH-TV

My wife graduated from Elkhart Baptist Christian School in 1980. She grew up in, and her sister and husband still attend First Baptist Church of Elkhart. We have been praying for the family since we heard about it on Facebook. She is really angry right now. To think that someone would execute an expectant mother is beyond comprehension.

Top Bottom