• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    Did anyone make the gunshow at the fairgrounds? I went today after work and man that place was packed. I believe they need a bigger place or get the fleamarket crap out. I didn't buy anything but looked seriously at a Kahr cw9 $379 and a Sig P6 $300 but didn't pull the trigger on either. Kind of wish I had gotten the Kahr. My buddy did but a nice new Kimber SIS though. Kind of like this one from their website.
    sis-main.jpg

Anyone else buy anything?

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I use to set up at both the Vburg Co. fairground and the Armory shows, but they have both went down hill quality wise. That and the table rent as well as the door charge went up.

The promoters have decided that they will make their money, no matter what.

BK6

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    I do not attend the one at the Armory any more. Last time I went it was a joke. A bigger venue or get rid of the flea market crap would do wonders for the quality of the show.

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I completely agree. It's a GUN SHOW, not a flea market. Guns,knives,ammo and accessories is what they need, NOT beanie babies and crap jewelery.

Big12Inch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    eville

The main problem with the Eville gun show is that no body in Eville has any $$$$. The vendors barely break even with gas being where it is and when they come all they bring are ****** 200-400 dollar shotguns because they have a shot at selling them...also as of late we have had 2 or more shows a month...either in Boonvile, Amory, or our at the Eville 4H grounds...the place is sucked dry...I could wait to go to the show to buy my stuff but RAJOs or Stictly Shooting many times have better prices because the vendors jack up their prices so they can cover higher costs...I went on Saturday with 1 idea in mind...to buy a USP compact 9 or 45...I did not see 1. That pretty much sums it up...

But the chili dogs are still pretty good...and the chick working one of the "flea market" booths was pretty hot.

seamus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Big 12, Love the avatar! One of the best movies ever.:draw:(I said mark it foul!)

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    B12

Funny B12, I'm 30 minutes N of Evansville and 2/3's of my customers are from there. I have no problem selling everything from a $200 "******" shotgun to a $1000 SIG or a $3000 collector Garand. And if you are one of the "dealers raise their prices at gunshows" guys, you are sadly mistaken.

BK6

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    "I went on Saturday with 1 idea in mind...to buy a USP compact 9 or 45...I did not see 1. That pretty much sums it up..."

Hk is hard to find at most local gun shows, however, on Sunday there was a USPC 9MM for sale on one of the tables. It was not there Saturday. I tried to buy a Hk P9S but dealer would not come off of price.

Top Bottom