• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    The wife and I both received or LTCH this week so to celebrate she put a gun in layaway at our LGS. We then go to Big R and I get my new gun, everything goes good got a couple extra mags and go home. Look at receipt and see they charge a 2.00 background check fee. Called back to see if I missed a sign but none present, said it is store policy. No fee at our LGS, anybody run into this anywhere else. Not throwing a fit but a sign would be nice letting you know. Thanks, rant over.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Your call, but for me the fact that they were just "slipping it it" without telling anyone would be a signal to find another LGS.. I've never heard of it but it doesn't surprise me that someone is doing it.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer[FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] /[/FONT][FONT=&amp] RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Bright Firearms instructor trainee:)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Since you can't complete the sale without it, seems to me that it should be priced in. But then I'm silly enough to believe that the fact you might have luggage should be priced into your airfare, too.

Tankerdave

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2014
    N E Indiana
    That was the 1st and probably the last firearm purchase from there, they did match the sale price at Dunhams but still have never been charged at mt LGS, he just didn't have what I wanted.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    There were signs posted in Marion and Wabash when they first started charging for it. I noticed the signs are no longer up so I assumed that they stopped charging the fee, but apparently not.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Several years ago at the Indy 1500 I tried to buy a shotgun from Ranger Supply out of Fort Wayne. We agreed on a price and did the background check and it came back 'delayed'. He told me I could come to Fort Wayne and pick it up in 3 days, but would not move anymore on price. I said no thanks and he wanted to charge me $40.00 for the back ground check. He even got the police involved because I would not pay it. It is because of jacks like that I choose only to buy local now. No more gun shows for me. Oh, I did not have to pay the fee and he lost business, win win for me.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Back ground check fees are a bogus way to try and make more money. A fee for a denial is quite reasonable just like mentioned before where someone will try and come back over and over again and you end up with a ton of an employees time with someone who you cant make money from (its business after all).

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Well, there are certain cost associated with doing business. If the Seller is not forth coming with additional charges (not normaly associated with the sale) I would inform them that they would no longer have my business. I believe that is a shady tactic to make a few more bucks.

Top Bottom