• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I'm in the middle of moving my cannon safe to new digs and I shocked the digital dial pad, tried combo no luck.:xmad: Changed battery no luck:xmad: No guns inside but ammo was still in there and safe paper work inside. I can remove dial pad and that's it, Help!!:ingo:

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    If he has the proper info and documentation, Cannon will provide the master reset code. If not, they will not. As it should be IMO. I wouldn't want someone to get in my safe with a phone call.

I wouldn't expect them to hand out information on the phone necessarily but would assume they would let him know what he needs to do get the master reset code.

I completely agree that it should take more than a phone call to get access to the safe.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    Can prove its my safe, as its in my house my room and has my paper work inside it. LOL. PS have reicept from Tractor Supply. Called cannon not much for their customer relations. Have hit internet no luck yet.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Define "shocked the keypad". Static arc? Remove the battery, short the connectors together and hold down one of the keypad buttons for 30 seconds. Should be enough to drop all residual charge. But, if you hit it with an ESD, it's probably not going to respond to anything now.

Time to call a good locksmith I'm afraid.

Reading on Cannon's website, it's an S&G lock. Might call S&G for suggestions too. Also read that you can have a notarized letter of ownership, or local LEO obtain the code for you.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Define "shocked the keypad". Static arc? Remove the battery, short the connectors together and hold down one of the keypad buttons for 30 seconds. Should be enough to drop all residual charge. But, if you hit it with an ESD, it's probably not going to respond to anything now.

Time to call a good locksmith I'm afraid.

I was about to suggest same thing. They might even know how to get in the thing and tell you over the phone. :dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Call Cannon is the first thing I would do, that is if you don't have a back up key. This is why I would not own a safe with an electrical key pad.
    Don't really have an answer. I'm a combination guy myself as well.

Top Bottom