• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    Hey guys, I just bought a STOEGER COUGER, seller told me it was made with machines that berretta sold them , and actually this pistol is a berretta , made on berretta machines and stoeger put their name on gun.I was wondering if I could buy berretta brand parts and put them in my stoeger gun ? I was also wondering on grips ? Can anybody give me some feedback on this.I was also wondering about barrels and slides ?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As far as I know that is true. Beretta moved their tooling to Turkey, set up the factory and is having the Cougar built there by their subsidiary Stoeger (sorry if that is not the official legal name of a company wholly owned by a parent company). Cut the price virtually in half, and Beretta made sure that the quality remained true to their reputation.

Also as far as I know the parts are interchangeable with the Italian made Beretta with just the roll stampings and I believe a minor change in the slide profile being the differences.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Stoeger is almost always good to go.

They're well respected and long term "clone" manufacturers - notably, as said, of Beretta firearms. Yes, they're made on older Beretta tooling (Much the same way the Argentine FM HiPowers were made on FN tooling sold to them = true clone).

I like to think I want a Beretta/Stoeger 9mm pistol one of these days - if ever I'm in a position to start having "stuff" just to have stuff.

Stoeger pistols are definitely good to go.

I know nothing about how their shotguns stack up, however.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Any Turkish firearm I have come across is top notch as far as quality goes.

The Beretta copies are not really even copies, they are made on Beretta machines. Same as the "Hk" turkish copies, they are made on Hk tooling as well.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Any Turkish firearm I have come across is top notch as far as quality goes.

The Beretta copies are not really even copies, they are made on Beretta machines. Same as the "Hk" turkish copies, they are made on Hk tooling as well.
    Yep. Thats the difference between a copy and a clone.

Dwight

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Should be real happy with it. You have to let us know.

I bought a Stoeger M2000 shotgun a few years ago and it has been great. "Clone" of a Beretta...

Top Bottom