• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warrumr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2014
    Beech Grove
    I live in Beech Grove and am looking for a good outdoor gun range that gives me a little more room than 25 yards to shoot to become a member of. I would prefer to stay around the Beech Grove/Shelbyville area if possible. I was told to look into the Fraternal Order of Police in Shelbyville to go shoot but I'm not really sure if I was looking at the right place or not. Any advice please?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    There's Atterbury, Marion County Fish & Game, and Martinsville Conservation Club, at least I think it's called that.

Atterbury - you show up, sign in, go shoot. Up to 100 yards - almost all rifle calibers welcome. I'm sure there are limits, however.

The other two are clubs wherein you'll need a membership. MCF&G, in Speedway, is "pistol calibers only".

I don't know much at all about Martinsville.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Atterbury's rules make it almost not worth going unless you just need to sight something in. Slow fire only paper punching from a fixed position and no holster work allowed.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    According to their website, Martinsville Conservation Club is not accepting members in 2016 (they already have a full membership).

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Atterbury's rules make it almost not worth going unless you just need to sight something in. Slow fire only paper punching from a fixed position and no holster work allowed.

I am up there quite a bit(not shooting, buying reloading gear)...and have chatted with them on snowy Friday afternoons about different things. They said they are going to 'try' to get the DNR to let them put some steel gongs up on the 100 yd range(they never specified 100 yd...but that was my assumption). Its a great range, but the ability to only shoot paper drove me to join another local club that has steel and an indoor range.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Chicago lets you shoot all you want. ​Not sure if that is purple, colorblind.

Good try, but purple is in one from the top and right.

fdBEI6o.jpg

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Chicago lets you shoot all you want.

They have rules...

You have to be in a car and drive slow while firing unless you are part of one of their Elite Clubs. Elite Club members have no restrictions and can shoot anywhere and from anywhere. Other cities call them gangs but in the interest of being sensitive, Chicago is trying to refrain from words that might hurt someone else's feelings.

Jroe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    Look up Custom Cop Corp in Acton. I haven't been there personally, but I heard that he allows use of his range to anyone who attended one of his classes

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Check out fcvcc.org Fall Creek Valley CC
    South of Anderson
    Trap fields + ----------10-15-25-50-100 yard rifle and pistol ranges covered firing line---cement pad---solid benches paper targets only members,keyed gate

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom