• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    OK, does anyone else see a problem with the new HB 1231 as signed into law? Does that mean someone can go all gangsta on deer? IIAL and the law states a handgun that fires a commercially available 10mm bullet. I think the barrel minimums are 4" so that means that Glock 23's are deer guns now. In my head, I just keep seeing someone with two Glock 23's turned sideways blasting at a deer.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There will be no shortage of idiots taking advantage of the new law to demonstrate their lack of common sense, lack of safety awareness and lack of respect for others and the wildlife.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Seems foolish to blast at an animal that is more easily taken with one well placed shot. Here in the Great Southern Forest I don't see long range rifles making much difference unless you're shooting at a deer behind a tree.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    [h=2]"Twin Glock 40's cocked back" for deer hunting[/h]

I am completely lost here. "Cocked back"? If you load the Glock it is "cocked". How does one "cock back" a Glock?

Is this a video game thing?

OK, does anyone else see a problem with the new HB 1231 as signed into law?

*shrugs* No, they are the State's deer so while I think a minimum caliber would be more efficient, I don't mind.

I just keep seeing someone with two Glock 23's turned sideways blasting at a deer.

Did hunters do this before the rule change with then legal handguns? Is there a single incident like this to be concerned about?

Why would someone load 5 rounds in each Glock 23 and shoot a deer?

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Are the minimum barrel length req's going away too? otherwise, they are too short, I think.

Edit: nevermind... spec is 4.02" Min. barrel is 4".

I can see a nit-picky CO with a ruler making you present something from Glock stating the barrel length though.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    5 rounds each because you are only allowed to carry 10 rounds total. I agree about people making the laws not understanding. I think they were trying to legalize the 10mm round for deer hunting and they legalize a 10mm bullet instead. Now that includes 40 S&W as well as Corbon 400 and probably a couple more.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    So, what exactly is this about "cocking back" Glocks? Is that from movies or rap videos or what?

Fear of The Other? Projection? What is this?

It's one of the lyrics. I assume it comes from a round being in the chamber and the striker being "cocked back"

But I've lived in the sticks and hills my whole life.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    5 rounds each because you are only allowed to carry 10 rounds total. I agree about people making the laws not understanding. I think they were trying to legalize the 10mm round for deer hunting and they legalize a 10mm bullet instead. Now that includes 40 S&W as well as Corbon 400 and probably a couple more.
    But aren't you also allowed to carry your self defense weapon if you have your LTCH? So I can have one 10mm for self defense with extra ammo and another pistol with 10 rounds for hunting?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's one of the lyrics. I assume it comes from a round being in the chamber and the striker being "cocked back"

So, the rappers carry Condition 3 and load their weapons for dramatic effect in the rap videos?

How does one accomplish this while holding 2 pistols? Teeth?

Top Bottom