I'm hurting here....I don't know....I can't decide.....I don't know what I want.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Anyone else to the point that they can't decide which gun they want to buy NOW?

Here I sit with a complete stash of gun cash and for the life of me I can't think of one gun I want to buy.
    This doesn't include my Ma Deuce fantasy, or Sherman tank flower pot stuff.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    My wants have slowed over the years. I tend to just keep socking money away until something pops up that I want, I don't go looking these days.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I briefly went through a similar period. A quick stroll through some INGO pic threads will cure you right up.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Training? Reloading set up? Sweet sweet custom leather? High end gun smithing for one of your favs?

I can always use training, got the reloading set ups but also have good stock of ammo, I have beautiful "Sunday go to meeting" leather but now I'm leaning towards good Kydex. Never thought I'd go there and hate the "squeak with leather", and not really into the custom stuff that much.
    I thought about the 6.5 Creedmore but I've got a Rem 260 I've barely got out of the box so I'm holding off until I get range time with it to see what the next step with it is.

I do stick money back. It's part of my budget funds. I also keep a monthly "gun stuff" budget as well.
    I don't care if it's used or new as long as it falls into that "I WANT THAT NOW" category. That's what my monthly is for

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You have a ready reserve carry gun? A second/third copy of what you carry?

You have a Rubbermaid container of magazines?

You have 2 or 3 lower receivers sitting in the safe?

You have primers? Primers will disappear (yet again) after November.

Perhaps a class this year?

Worst case scenario, you do nothing and create a gun fund. Put the money aside, grow it, and you now have leverage at the next gun show.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Look at your inventory and see what gaps you have. Maybe it is a suppressor, sbr, sbs, etc. or you are missing a rarer piece that you can put your energy into hunting down.

Or look at what you have and think "What will I need to replace the most when the panic buying starts?"

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My wants have slowed over the years. I tend to just keep socking money away until something pops up that I want, I don't go looking these days.

Pretty much this is my mode of operation, although life does seem to adjust my wallet every once in a while all on its own.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I've been getting .22LR versions of the 9MM handguns I have. Or at least something close. I use these as training guns before they get the full power ones. You might also look into suppressors. It's nice to shoot hearing safe without any problems. If you're in line to get an INGO lower start building an SPR upper to go with it.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I keep sending mine to Allen for engraving & cerakte services! Thus far, money well spent. Have funds set aside for the "only rumored so far" VP45. Did just order some spare PPQ .45 mags, 147gr 9mm HST ammo, gas tube, 5.56 ammo, charging handle (Raptor), I think I have a problem!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I keep sending mine to Allen for engraving & cerakte services! Thus far, money well spent. Have funds set aside for the "only rumored so far" VP45. Did just order some spare PPQ .45 mags, 147gr 9mm HST ammo, gas tube, 5.56 ammo, charging handle (Raptor), I think I have a problem!

AllenM is in the last phases of building my 2011.

Top Bottom