• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DeanSports

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Columbus
    So I have been shut down by Stripe.com for selling parts and accessories on my web site by Stripe.com and Authorize.net.

Not selling guns or any federally regulated parts... just other parts and accessories.

Does anyone know of a company that does not discriminate based on this?

Authorize.net said they are setting me up with a secondary company so I will still be through authorize.net. But I don't want to give them the opportunity.

Thanks in advance. 4.JPG

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    So I have been shut down by Stripe.com for selling parts and accessories on my web site by Stripe.com and Authorize.net.

Not selling guns or any federally regulated parts... just other parts and accessories.

Does anyone know of a company that does not discriminate based on this?

Authorize.net said they are setting me up with a secondary company so I will still be through authorize.net. But I don't want to give them the opportunity.

Thanks in advance. View attachment 46710

I have been dropped by a few CC companies for being 2A related. Both offered me the opportunity to appeal their decision, and I just told them to "pound sand" (family friendly website edit).

I honestly dont know who I use now, but the fees are higher, and they wont drop me. I would much rather pay higher fees to a 2A friendly company, than lower fees to the enemy.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    If they chose to not support 2A vendors then chose to not do business with their clients. (Squared/Stripe/Etc.)

"Oh sorry Mr. Coffee shop, do you know your cc processor is biased against your 2A rights?". I chose to take my business elsewhere."

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    If they chose to not support 2A vendors then chose to not do business with their clients. (Squared/Stripe/Etc.)

"Oh sorry Mr. Coffee shop, do you know your cc processor is biased against your 2A rights?". I chose to take my business elsewhere."

I actually do that when I see someone using a square at a gun show.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Believe it or not PayPal is lightened up big time. As long as it's not a FFL required item, they don't care since ebay allows accessories and what not to be sold again.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Believe it or not PayPal is lightened up big time. As long as it's not a FFL required item, they don't care since ebay allows accessories and what not to be sold again.

I thought fleabay was cracking down on 'AR15' accessories and their vendors?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I don't know the name of the processing company, but the person who owns bucks and jakes in Evansville/Boonville owns a cc processing company, in fact the offices are in the back of bucks and jakes in Evansville.

he owned the cc company first, got tired of not being able to find the guns he wanted, so he bought bucks and jakes.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    not to my knowledge. Plus using PayPal Here in my shop I have had no problems (knock on wood) and like yesterday, had a last minute customer at 9pm right as I was closing, processed payment. It was 10pm before I transferred the funds for the day from my PayPal account to the company checking. Funds were already credited to my Company Checking THIS MORNING.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    PayPal would not allow me to sell automatic knives on my website. PayPal locked up my account until I removed all of the automatic knives off of my website. Once my PayPal account was re-activated, I removed PayPal as a payment option, and put the automatic knives back on the site.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    PayPal would not allow me to sell automatic knives on my website. PayPal locked up my account until I removed all of the automatic knives off of my website. Once my PayPal account was re-activated, I removed PayPal as a payment option, and put the automatic knives back on the site.

:yesway:

I recently lost my Kershaw Vapor III. I'll take a look at your website. Thanks.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Interesting. Im just using PayPal as the payment option for training courses on my website and then I use the paypal here app with card reader as my instore. I ditched payment alliance, they are shutting down class 3 dealers

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    PayPal fired me long ago for selling gun related items. Took me almost six months to get my money out of the account they froze! Screw'em!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Paypal froze my account years ago. I purchased a PSE "Baby G" compound bow on Ebay. When I tried to use Paypal to complete the sale my account was frozen for violating their "no weapons" clause.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    We went to using EMS Plus. They are specifically 2A friendly, including guns. They provided a free reader for the phones (doesn't work with the Otterbox on my phone so I have to manually enter it but no big deal). The customer service, from what I've dealt with them, was reasonable. The only hiccup was the first 2 transactions (both to 1 customer) I processed for our account were held while they verified it wasn't fraud. Still not a big deal.

We had Square but the possibility of them freezing our money is really scary. We HAVE used PayPal but mostly for people who aren't local that we're transferring a gun to anyways.

Top Bottom