• Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    HOLD YOUR FIRE - Madison Courier

Thoughts?

I've yet to make it out there but I've heard nothing but great things about the range. Their website ( https://www.deputybigshot.com/range/ ) makes it appear as if they keep things safe and clean, unlike some of the free public ranges in the nearby area. I hope they can get this all sorted out and taken care of in a matter that allows them to continue to operate.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    I spent most of the day there Monday enjoying their 500 yard range for $10. I'll be heartbroken if they shut it down.

What it sounds like to me is the local govt. never gave them permission to operate a range yet they did it anyway. That's going to be a hard fight for them to win. They may just keep on running the range but, eventually, men with guns will show up and physically prevent them from doing so. I hope they hire a good attorney.

superluckycat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2016
    Madison
    I shoot there a couple times a month when I don't have time to drive out to Switzerland county. That article was biased as hell. Grenades? Joe (the owner) is a super nice guy.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Darn, I just found out about this range and was planning on visiting soon....:(

Me too, sort of. I've been putting it off until I could get a few buddies to go with me and our schedule don't usually align often. I've gone to Crosley a few times solo this year but figured if I am going to spend $10 to shoot guns, I wanted the company of some friends. I hope I still get the opportunity!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Lol at the guy saying he has cracked windows and dry wall. Bullfreakinhorse****. Unless you're catching stray bullets, which I don't think he is because if he was they would have said so, a firing range is not going to crack your drywall unless I missed the part of the article where they're firing 155mm howitzers or something.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I'm from the area and have a few friends whom have been there and enjoy the hospitality provided. I also know that they have been teaching classes out there with any number of topics... Survival, Pistol, Rifle (AR / AK), Distance Rifle...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm from the area and have a few friends whom have been there and enjoy the hospitality provided. I also know that they have been teaching classes out there with any number of topics... Survival, Pistol, Rifle (AR / AK), Distance Rifle...
    Yeah we certainly can't have none of that nonsense going on.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    It's interesting to note that some neighbors are complaining about noise, cracked drywall, etc, yet no one raised near as much Cain over the constant thunder of actual artillery rounds being fired at the Jefferson Proving Ground for decades. Heck, I grew up on the hilltop and can distinctly remember the windows in our house rattling periodically throughout the day and hearing the rumble from JPG, so the idea that a little small arms fire out in the sticks is going to create a problem, is simply laughable.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    It's interesting to note that some neighbors are complaining about noise, cracked drywall, etc, yet no one raised near as much Cain over the constant thunder of actual artillery rounds being fired at the Jefferson Proving Ground for decades. Heck, I grew up on the hilltop and can distinctly remember the windows in our house rattling periodically throughout the day and hearing the rumble from JPG, so the idea that a little small arms fire out in the sticks is going to create a problem, is simply laughable.

Right on. The planes used to loop around our farm to return for another run! Somebody at work showed me this video Friday, hopefully they can stay open but it doesn't sound good from the legal standpoint. I usually go to Switzerland county if I want to use a real range. But this place looks nice!

Top Bottom