Buddy of mine help police catch felon after thief wrecks during chase..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mammynun, Gunaria, Zach, GFGT, Jimmy and BBI (I think) have all met my buddy here at the shop...He is a little older than me, a partner in a law firm in Louisville and a fellow follower of St Elmer Keith....He stood up for me in my wedding and played with his pick up band after the ceremony...He's like a brother...My buddy has a big cabin on a lake right near the Greenville exit...Where 150 meets with I 64 to take you the last three miles into Louisville coming down the knobs...Sunday they got a phone call from a neighbor that the police were looking for a suspect who had stolen a truck in Louisville and then wrecked it on 150 during the chase...After wrecking the truck he ran into the woods...One of the neighbors saw him wandering around so he called the police...They went down the road (there are four residences) and could not locate the guy so they left..My buddy, who used to work for the prosecutors office, kind of thought "Well, he's gone but I am going to check the garage anyway..." He was going to grab his Benelli but instead had his little .44 Bulldog (which is always on him) at his side and he went out to check the garage about 10 minutes after the police left...He hit the garage door opener and noticed a lot of his stuff, including his fishing tackle was scatter about...At first he really thought "Damn raccoons" when he noticed someone sitting in his Suzuki SUV...He yelled up at his wife to call 911 and tell them he got him...The guy hesitated to get out of the vehicle and when he got out he refused to comply...It was a little testy there for a minute and my buddy said if he would have had the Benelli instead he is sure he could have eliminated that little bit of give and take they had....What's funny is the guy had lost his shoes running through the woods and was wearing my buddy's waders!!!

About that time a couple of Floyd County Deputies, a New Albany (I think) officer and a Conservation Officer pulled up...The suspect was on his knees with a .44 pointed at the back of his head and as the LEO's pulled up my buddy holstered his revolver and the man was taken in to custody...My buddy said he got fist bumps from all of the officers...They said it's his "collar" and one Deputy said "Chalk one more up for the Second Amendment of the US of A...."

Not one of them asked to see his gun and they were very grateful for his help.....

Here is a link to the story in the Tribune......

New Albany homeowner holds theft suspect at gunpoint | News | newsandtribune.com

And here is the email my brother and I got.....

Rick & Rob:
    The garage reference is from yesterday when I caught a guy in my garage about to steal my car and a bunch of stuff he’d loaded in it. He’d stolen a car in Lexington, KY, then crashed it at the 150 exit with the police chasing him . . . he made it through the woods to my garage and got a facefull of .44 Special pointed at him that convinced him to wait for the police. I got knuckle bumps all the way ‘round from the 5 cops that showed up.

An INGO exclusive...Here is a pic of the revolver he had on him..(He has a bunch of Smith's but "When you can't be with the one you love Honey, love the one your with..."

He sent this pic to a liberal buddy out in California after telling him the story...I do not normally have pics of guns armed citizens use to help the police and to defend hearth and home with....
    cleardot.gif

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I sent my buddy a link to this thread and being an Attorney and all he made some corrections to my telling of the story, plus information on the load he was carrying...Because he knows how giddy us gun guys get talking about "our loads"...:)

Here is the email pasted...

"This is cool . . . just to make a slight correction, though, he had my wading boots on, not the waders. The “give and take” was me telling him he had to the count of 3 to get out of the car or I’d shoot him, and again when I told him to sit on the floor. Got to 2 twice. Smarter than he looks in the picture, since he got out, then finally sat down.

Love the comments. Guess you forgot to upload the picture (tell ‘em I tossed the Silvertips when I got the Speer Gold Dot 200 gr. JHP’s):"

Top Bottom