• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosin Mounts

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Southwest of Indianapolis
    That's awesome. Great job. Anytime you "customize" a firearm, you have the purists who will shame you. My take is, every time you cut-on, weld-on, or paint-up a firearm, that just makes the remaining unadulterated firearms more valuable. So, theme-on!

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I have got a few...Here is a pic off the interweb (looks just like mine) of an "aged" Uberti 1873 with an 1851 grip and trigger guard assembly....

PvUea.jpg

It's my spaghetti western gun.....I have a shoulder rig a kind of made up for it out of old harness leather and an old cross draw holster....You may notice in a lot of the spaghetti westerns the 1873's have brass grip frames....Not historically accurate (though possible) but the Italians made them that way....It was cheaper...They were already manufacturing 1851 Navy's so when they got into the 1873 clones they decided to use the same grip frame....

Mine is in 45 long colt and I keep it as kind of a beater "farm" gun.... I have cut wood and creek walked with it in my home made shoulder rig and it does great......I have a collection of spaghetti westerns on DVD up at our little farm and come winter, after the girls go to bed, I watch the flicks and twirl my six shooter....(Sorry Kirk...:))

[video=youtube;CxyQ3gcMSqI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxyQ3gcMSqI[/video]

Last edited:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am not hating on your customization of your gun. However, I worry that anytime someone makes a firearm look movie or toy-like (see the Nintendo G34), it is potentially setting them up for a bad situation.

From a pure value standpoint, I think over customizing guns is a bad idea. I have passed on many guns because someone went to far with stippling, color fill, etc. I love customizing guns, so long as all the customizations are improvements and can potentially be removed and the gun returned to stock. I feel this is the best way to ensure long term value.

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Took this off a wild Cub in Cathedral, do not know how he got it, One of the hero props from Logan's Run. This was made in the golden era of props where the Gun had to somehow shoot on the set, show up on the camera and not hurt anybody. The days before the wonders of CGI.

sv6t51.jpg

This fires by loading Calcium carbonate & water in the back tube of the gun. Then you turn on the glow plug at the front of the barrel of the gun, using the switch in front of the trigger. When the trigger is pulled the glow plug ignites the gas and shoots the flame.. Power to run the glow plug comes from a 9 volt battery in the pistol grip.

j65ypv.jpg

Pulling the trigger results in an end of the runner problem...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgSiZ7vdDNQ

Oh Boy, Blinking red , need to jont down to Carousel for renewal ..

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I have a punisher extended mag release on one of my ar's and I had a punisher striker cover plate on my glock(but I took it off)

im thinking about more punisher stuff for the ar (takedown pins, trigger guard, and ive even seen some punisher laser etched stocks and p-mags)

thinking about deadpool'ing up another ar with the same stuff

but im careful about what I put on a defense gun (that's why I took off the striker plate) because I can see it now, "mr shootersix, I see on your gun, you have this punisher thing, do you see your self as the punisher?" or if you put zombie stuff on your gun I can hear the attorney now "do you see zombies often mr shootersix?" and that'd call into question your mental state!

remember the police officer who customized his ar?
    Cop's AR-15 Dust Cover Inscription Used Against Him in Court - The Truth About Guns

that backfired on him

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Took this off a wild Cub in Cathedral, do not know how he got it, One of the hero props from Logan's Run. This was made in the golden era of props where the Gun had to somehow shoot on the set, show up on the camera and not hurt anybody. The days before the wonders of CGI.

sv6t51.jpg

This fires by loading Calcium carbonate & water in the back tube of the gun. Then you turn on the glow plug at the front of the barrel of the gun, using the switch in front of the trigger. When the trigger is pulled the glow plug ignites the gas and shoots the flame.. Power to run the glow plug comes from a 9 volt battery in the pistol grip.

j65ypv.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgSiZ7vdDNQ

Oh Boy, Blinking red , need to jont down to Carousel for renewal ..

I bet someone got a sore bum after they got home and dad found out they got HIS toy taken away!

TheHive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Yeah I have had my share of people who hate them, but I don't let my kids play with them and I won't ever sell them. no harm and someone in a group always wants to buy some of them.

TheHive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015

sv6t51.jpg

j65ypv.jpg

VERY COOL!!!
    I like it

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    And people roll their eyes at me when I tell them that movies sell guns. LOL.:laugh:

For the record I have always thought that was the case....As any one who tried to buy a Model 29 Smith and Wesson during the 1970's will tell you or anyone who tried to buy a Shiloh Sharps post Quigley Down Under will tell you...

How many Thompson Center Hawken's do you think sold after Jeremiah Johnson???? :)

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I have got a few...Here is a pic off the interweb (looks just like mine) of an "aged" Uberti 1873 with an 1851 grip and trigger guard assembly....

PvUea.jpg
    Is this a homebrew or did you buy it? I'm really digging it. I find the 1851 Navy fits my hand really well.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Used to own a Steyr AUG, but not modified. I did see the rifle (or an MSAR copy) being used on "The Walking Dead" by The Governor during an early attack on the prison (season 2, IIRC). I also noticed that it was using a left-ejecting bolt, as the actor was left-handed. Might be the only time I've noticed a left-ejecting rifle on TV or film, and I wonder if (and how) the props man got hold of a left-ejecting bolt for the AUG, as I imagine they're fairly rare.

The AUG was made for quick mods; swap out the port cover, drop in proper bolt, replace the butt plate and you're good to go.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Used to own a Steyr AUG, but not modified. I did see the rifle (or an MSAR copy) being used on "The Walking Dead" by The Governor during an early attack on the prison (season 2, IIRC). I also noticed that it was using a left-ejecting bolt, as the actor was left-handed. Might be the only time I've noticed a left-ejecting rifle on TV or film, and I wonder if (and how) the props man got hold of a left-ejecting bolt for the AUG, as I imagine they're fairly rare.

The AUG was made for quick mods; swap out the port cover, drop in proper bolt, replace the butt plate and you're good to go.

he also had a patch over his left eye!

View attachment 48607

Top Bottom