• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saminal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2016
    KENDALLVILLE
    I am looking for a low cost concealed carry for my wife and I came across the SCCY CPX-2 9mm. This will be her first handgun, that is why I would like to keep the cost down for now. And she likes the different colors she can choose from. So, my question is what are your thoughts on this gun? Will it be a decent starter for my wife?

Tuffenough22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    I bought one of the SCCY 9mm pistols for my wife as well, and she really likes it. She had a lot of problems pulling the slide back on my Glocks, and she has not had a problem pulling the SCCY slide back yet. Plus it is a cheap carry,conceal! Thats just my opinion though.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My wife was looking for something compact but with a grip she can hold with her long fingers. After doing the reviews and youtube torture video told her about it. We went to ZX and she did her thing and we left with one. She has no complaints about it and she is usually one to voice her opinion if she don't like something.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    [video=youtube;kbYbIxmWnec]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbYbIxmWnec[/video][video=youtube;YzYm_CqMZG8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzYm_CqMZG8[/video]

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I've been looking for one haven't found any locally. Might have to wait for a gun show to swing through. They couple that I have shot never had any malfunctions or problems.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You can find the S&W Shield for about $330 if you shop around. It's a better gun with a better trigger, and retains resale value very well. Like the Model T you can get it in any color you like, as long as you like black. A 9mm Shield is tough to beat as a smaller carry piece in that price range.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    You can find the S&W Shield for about $330 if you shop around. It's a better gun with a better trigger, and retains resale value very well. Like the Model T you can get it in any color you like, as long as you like black. A 9mm Shield is tough to beat as a smaller carry piece in that price range.

This^^^^

Also I'd suggest finding a good trainer close to you for her to take some classes. I know there is a womens shooting league in Ft. Wayne that one of our former members on here is very involved in. They can give her proper instructions on how to operate a pistol. Then SHE can decide what she wants. With the training, she might not be comfortable with a small compact pistol (SCCY) but might be way better with a larger one. (GLOCK 43).

The cost of the class with more than pay for itself by not buying a bunch of guns she doesn't like to shoot.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I have the first generation (SKKY) and haven't had any problems with it. Have to love a collectors item.
    As do I. I recently called SCCY to see about getting parts and was told if I wanted to do so, they would rework my entire pistol and return it for free. I asked if it would still say SKKY and was told it would as it would just be them replacing all the high wear parts with new. Still wondering if I will or not. :dunno:

I have never had an issue with it, I just wanted a few springs and the firing pin and appropriate hardware. I may let hem rework it AND but this stuff but again, still thinking. It is a great carry piece. It is able to eat any ammo I have fed it without a problem of any sort. I carry an Shield 9 now with CT Green trigger guard laser. My eyes are getting bad these days so I seem to get more out of a laser than night sights anymore.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I got notified that I incorrectly posted a sale here.
    I went to the classified section.
    I hope i posted my want to sell my SCCY correctly.
    I attempted to reply to the notification.
    But could not directly reply.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    :facepalm:

You posted it as "free", you didn't include a picture (as required), and you didn't mention the location.

I'm sure it will be removed soon unless you edit it quickly.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I attempted to reply to the notification

Try reading the rules for posting in the classifieds. It is a sticky at the top of each of the for sale forums.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    You didn't, and it got deleted. New members don't have access to the classifieds, so he wouldn't see it anyway.

:facepalm:

You posted it as "free", you didn't include a picture (as required), and you didn't mention the location.

I'm sure it will be removed soon unless you edit it quickly.

He wasn't quick enough.

Top Bottom