• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    Hello, I've recently noticed my old pink LTCH has gone missing (I also need to change my address while I'm at it) and went to .gov site to try and get a replacement... They wont let you get one without knowing the # of the old one... kidding me? So I tried to call the PD that issued it to me and they wont answer their phones.. Which doesn't surprise me given it's the Starke County PD in Knox. So is there any other way to pull up my license # or someone else I can call to retrieve it for me?

One Shot One Kill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    Near The Dunes
    The local PD does not issue the LTCH. The Indiana State Police does that and you should contact them about a replacement. I'm sure they can look you up via something other than the number.
    Hm thanks, I'll give it a try. I thought that the state PD would be the # to call, but the website specifically says to call the LOCAL PD.

CMB69

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Indy
    I had the same problem, wallet was stolen. You have to phone ISP.

ISP: Contact ISP

Scroll down page to Contact Firearms Licensing. I had to explain the situation and give them enough personal info to convince them I was legit. Lady then gave me license number verbally.

The office is in the Indy Govmt. Center, I guess you could go there in person.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had the same problem, wallet was stolen. You have to phone ISP.

ISP: Contact ISP

Scroll down page to Contact Firearms Licensing. I had to explain the situation and give them enough personal info to convince them I was legit. Lady then gave me license number verbally.

The office is in the Indy Govmt. Center, I guess you could go there in person.

Wait, your WALLET was stolen and you called the State Police?!? :faint:

blakeelee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Brownsburg
    The police department offices are utterly useless. I went into one to change my address on my permit and they told me to go home and do it online. Its like, what are we paying you guys for when we spend 130 dollars on our permit.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The police department offices are utterly useless. I went into one to change my address on my permit and they told me to go home and do it online. Its like, what are we paying you guys for when we spend 130 dollars on our permit.

The State Police records division is the entity responsible for maintaining the LTCH database and they are who you must contact to change information.Don't blame the local cop shops, it's simply not their responsibility and the info I just gave you is widely available online. Not researching ho to do something and then complaining that it doesn't work ow you want it to is just asinine.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    About two or three weeks ago I updated both my wife's and my address, (LTCH) and requested (cost $20 for new card), new cards. I did it on line at in.gov/isp. It requested our application numbers which is different than the actual permit number, which I didn't/don't have. I suffer short term memory problems so therefore I cannot explain the exact process, but there is a work around right there on the online site. Just a few extra steps and it was done, we received our new cards within about 10 days. If I can do it anybody can.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    The State Police records division is the entity responsible for maintaining the LTCH database and they are who you must contact to change information.Don't blame the local cop shops, it's simply not their responsibility and the info I just gave you is widely available online. Not researching ho to do something and then complaining that it doesn't work ow you want it to is just asinine.

:yesway::yesway::yesway: If only there was someplace on the Internet you could go search for information you are looking for... oh wait! There's Google!

Top Bottom