• ...and so much more!
  • blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    :ingo:
    Just looking for some people that may be interested in getting together and shooting some long range steel.
    I've become more and more interested in ELR so I'm looking for places to stretch the legs on a .260 remington.
    Could host to 300 yards and maybe out to 1200 but of course it would be nice to have more than one place to shoot.
    Reply in the thread or PM me.
    Looking in the Greene County area or surrounding counties.
    :ar15:

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I would be interested. It looks about a 2 hr. drive for me form North side of Indy but that's the price you pay for living in a city. Please keep me in the loop. I've got a 308 that needs to reach out. I have some steel and portable target stands that I could add to the cause. Also some big long range paper targets.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I would be interested for sure. I built an AR on my INGO lower specificallyfor this purpose. I haven't had a chance to stretch it out yet.

I also am NE of Indy, but more than willing to make a drive pretty much anywhere in state.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I would definitely be interested.. I just purchased an RPR in 6.5CM and have some goodies coming UPS this week. (Rear bag and shooting mat) I'm in the Terre Haute area. I'm looking forward to trying my hand at Precision Rifle Shooting.

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    I would be interested for me and my son as well. We built an AR to start practicing longer distance after doing Appleseed/Reveres Riders. Barely got the thing broken in and its ammo preference figured out. We did go up to BassnBucks once at the end of the summer. We went during the week, and for most of the time we were the only ones there, so it was great. They use flags to go hot and cold for the whole range, wonder if that gets cumbersome when/if it's busy. I know I have seen someone else on here host a 200 yard shoot, too, I think he was down south somewhere.

Schedule is always tight, especially with the drive time. But my end goal is that I would love to do some hunting out west, so I really want to make it more of a priority. And what better way than to learn than with some other INGO shooters. So once our deer season is over, hopefully we could do something.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    In addition to finding a time and place, maybe we could also do some car pooling for some who live in the same area. I know I wouldn't mind a rider.

blacknwhite

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2016
    southwest
    whats everyones experience level at shooting distance with their current long range rig?
    just trying to decide on what would be appropriate. Is everyone just wanting to get their feet wet at 300?

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Longest I've done is 200 yd. Would love to try 300 before going out to 500 or more. Just got done optimizing the load for the 308 and have crono data so I can use ballistics tables to get close on longer shots.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    whats everyones experience level at shooting distance with their current long range rig?
    just trying to decide on what would be appropriate. Is everyone just wanting to get their feet wet at 300?

Sadly I've never shot past 150 yards with any rifle. I'm actually still waiting to put iron sights on my new build. Just ordered the front sight earlier today. That's the final piece I'm waiting on.

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    I shoot at panther ridge in solsberry. They have a 600 meter range. Bring steel set it wherever u want. Membership is 180 and less if u are a veteran. It is never ever busy. This past Friday there were 6 guys on the range.
    They have steel at 100 and 600 already setup.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County

I haven't even given long range shooting a try.. the furthest I've shot is about 175ish with my AR. I just received a bonus at work and have been bitten by the long range bug even though I've yet to try it. So my experience is basically 0, hopefully that wouldn't be a problem. I'd gladly take any pointers anyone would share with me at a meet and shoot. I'm really hoping long range shooting is something I will enjoy.... if not, oh well at least I got to add a rare gun to the collection. Lol

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    +1 for Panther Ridge. It's a great place to stretch out. Kind of pricey but the membership pays off if you go a few times a year.

There's also a range just north of Bedford that's been hosting Appleseeds and Revere's Riders events for years. It's now open to the public for sessions. One hour is $30 for three shooters and $10/shooter after that. For more info on that call/text (812) 322-0897.

There's also the option of going to Revere's Riders events. We had a big one at Camp Atterbury a few months ago. Shot to 500 yards there.

Top Bottom