• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    If you were going to sell off a handgun would you sell it as it came stock or only sell it as it currently is with all accessories and ammo you have for it? 500+ rounds, multiple mags, holster(s) etc?

FYI if you are saying don't sell it notice that isnt an option for a response.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would list it as stock and then mention the others as additional options.
    Most accessories I am not willing to pay much for as it may not be something I was interested in.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I would sell the gun as it came stock, then sell the other stuff separately.
    Personally, I don't buy "package deals" where I'm required to buy the entire "package" or nothing.
    Though I'm sometimes open to buying some of the other stuff separately.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I would sell it stock, then sell the other stuff separately. You will typically recoup more of your money that way.

Yep.

And don't be disappointed if you have to take a loss on custom work you thought was really cool that enhanced the gun like grip stippling and reductions.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, another vote for stock. I've seen some sweet guns here, but they are marked as "package deal only" and are WAY overpriced given I may not want all those extras. However if it was stock, I would easily see it moving quickly. (instead it sits here and festers for weeks as they slowly lower the price... but never to an acceptable number given all the unwanted extras)

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    +1....but it all depends on what your time is worth to you.

I will sell it as is. And if I have the stock parts, I will give those to the buyer. I don't want to invest the time to put it back to stock and then sell the custom stuff.

I usually set my price on what a stock gun is valued at plus a few dollars more. The buyer will be getting the package for less than what they could if they bought a stock gun and went out and purchased the parts and did whatever gunsmithing had to be done. If they don't want the custom mods, they can sell them and recoup some of their investment. I suppose if they asked to put it back stock and I had the parts, I would do it. But they are leaving a $100 Apex trigger behind that they could have had for $50 or so.

Additional mags are usually thrown in at a discount unless they say they don't want them.

I have a P226 with 4-5 extra mags that has not been fired. If I decide to sell it, I may list the mags separately.

blakeelee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Brownsburg
    I feel like people would rather buy a stock gun with the stuff the original gun came with. I hate it when Im on the classifieds and I see a "package deal" where it comes with 50 magazines and a crappy paddle holster that Ill never use. I need like 2 or 3 mags, and I buy my own holsters. I dont want to pay and extra hundred dollars for stuff ill never use. Id sell the extra stuff separately, as much as a headache as it is.

btw your last line was hilarous.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I feel like people would rather buy a stock gun with the stuff the original gun came with. I hate it when Im on the classifieds and I see a "package deal" where it comes with 50 magazines and a crappy paddle holster that Ill never use. I need like 2 or 3 mags, and I buy my own holsters. I dont want to pay and extra hundred dollars for stuff ill never use. Id sell the extra stuff separately, as much as a headache as it is.

btw your last line was hilarous.

You may line up with the general consensus of INGO. I have a package deal right now in the classifieds. I wouldn't consider the Blade-Tech holster crappy but it is a "kit" with the holster, and some mags.

I think it is interesting that in over 600 views as of yesterday, no one has asked a question or made an offer. Or asked me if I would split it up. Must be the signs of the times.:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    It really depends on what modifications were made. If I have a nice set of grips on a 1911, I'll keep those and sell as stock. If I have a good set of drop in parts on a CZ, and if those drop in parts would work in another CZ I own, I may sell in stock condition. You rarely get your money back in aftermarket parts. A CGW loaded CZ might pull a little more money, but it will be nothing near the cost of the parts put into the gun.

Also, it depends on who I'm selling to. If trading a gun for another, I'll return it to stock as much as possible since you get nothing on trade for an upgraded gun. If selling to a friend, I'll leave all of the upgrades in place. Chances are, the friend you are selling to has shot the gun in it's modified state and is buying what they shot, not the basic stock gun.

Top Bottom