• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Wow. Hopefully his more expensive S&W were in the safes. Losing any guns that way sucks, but thinking of some of those highly collectible revolvers in s-bag hands sucks even more.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    That might be one of the worst written news reports I've ever read. What is a Smith and Western? And what about the single dangling sentence by itself "Guns that are worth $50,000" right in the middle? Yikes... Most middle school English teachers would give that an "F" if that was a short essay.

That said, unfortunate this happens, and something that no matter how tough the gun laws are, is a way for criminals to get their hands on them. We had a similar robbery here a few years ago at a small rural shop that ended up being solved. Some UPS or FedEx delivery guys had made several deliveries to the place, had a chance to scope it out, and came back on their day off and robbed it. Unfortunately they murdered the owner in the process. The suspects were tied into some local crime rings in the Indy area and it was pretty much confirmed that is where the guns went immediately.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wow. Hopefully his more expensive S&W were in the safes. Losing any guns that way sucks, but thinking of some of those highly collectible revolvers in s-bag hands sucks even more.
    Bad thing is, a few customer guns were stolen, along with the shops inventory. To make matters worse, he didn't have insurance to cover the inventory.(From what I've heard)

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    I assumed Denny lived in the house right beside the shop. If so that's a really bold move by the thieves.

Denny's house is right next door to the shop. I hated to hear about this, Denny is a great guy and is one of the best S&W gunsmiths in the country. He did a action job on my Airweight and that has made a world of difference.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Maybe we sbould have a law that gun stores should lock their guns away after hours....

I guess u either invest in insurance or safes but not say no to both.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Maybe we sbould have a law that gun stores should lock their guns away after hours....

I guess u either invest in insurance or safes but not say no to both.

Maybe we should have a law that says you can't take stuff that doesn't belong to you either.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    OMG!!! Denny has been my go to guy for S&W revolvers for years . It's almost inconceivable that some bad guys trekked to Rochester and committed this burglary. I mean his house is what 25 feet from his shop. The dirt bags who did this must surely had "cased" the joint and made careful plans. Denny is surely one of the "good guys" and I'm upset that this happened to him. I can only wish Denny the best of luck to recover from this horrible circumstance.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Sad news to hear! I wonder if the guns are already in the hands of the gangs in Chicago and if those how did this came from the gangsters in Gary or Chicago or even Indy? Hopefully the news isn't true about the insurance part and not having any...

Top Bottom